Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Imperfect Chemistry (Imperfect, #1)
This topic is about Imperfect Chemistry
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Imperfect Chemistry (Imperfect #1) by Mary Frame → Start Date: August 4th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments Hannah, Vicki and I
feel free to join in!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Trisha! Excited to BR this with you & Hannah!

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments darn, I missed starting today

I'll definitely start tomorrow - after I finish a few books :)

message 4: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7287 comments Don't feel bad. I haven't started either. I hope to start sometime this weekend.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I haven't started either, but that's my favorite saying this days. Leastwise it's my most often used. LOL

message 6: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7287 comments I'm up to Chapter 7.

(view spoiler)

message 7: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7287 comments I'm up to Chapter 18.

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments Just started not too long ago
wow, this is a fast read

already 18 chapters

(view spoiler)

I also thought(view spoiler)

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments and now I'm actually done

this one was cute....I actually would give it three stars
but the note at the end about rape - that gives it an extra star for me ;)

and the next one sounds good too - did you read the synopsis paragraph about Freya!?

message 10: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7287 comments I enjoyed this one too. I definitely will be reading the next book.

(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments This book has a rape in it?? I had NO idea!! Ugh! Don't tell me who the victim or perp is! I'll post tonight. Think I'm on ch. 12 but just got home from work so if I don't take a little nap I'll die!! Lol

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments Vicki wrote: "This book has a rape in it?? I had NO idea!! Ugh! Don't tell me who the victim or perp is! I'll post tonight. Think I'm on ch. 12 but just got home from work so if I don't take a little nap I'll di..."

it's a COMPLETE side note to the story - not at all a main part or even a main part of the theme/story line- anything.....NO PART of the story is about rape
which is why I was so surprised there was a note at the end.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh wow! That's interesting she included it. Lol

School is kicking my butt this year! Lol I go home at 4:30 and had to nap on the couch and just woke up at 6:40. Lol Now it's dinner and then I'll read some. Hopefully I can stay awake. Lol

Thanks for the explanation. :)

message 14: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments awe, I hope you find some time for yourself. it does sound stressful, especially with all the on-line stuff. I know they updated stuff last year, didn't they?! Yikes, it's like they want you to learn something new every year :/

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha, that's EXACTLY the problem!! One example is we are required to use StudySync now and yesterday I had 2 different teachers in the English department come to my room asking how I felt about it. One was saying she talked to our principal and said the English department has too much thrown at us and just last year we were REQUIRED to take off FIVE days and go to training aa a department at the district office. We spent a day and a half as a department with teachers who teach the same grades and we had to come up with a "blueprint" of the year and what we were going to teach each quarter. Now, after all that hard work, the district has decided we WILL teach using this other program AND they are going to track our use of it.

Then (kid you not) THREE teachers who were trying to use it already weren't able to get the students logged on for some reason so they wasted time, and at 2:00 (school is out at 2:30) we got an email titled URGENT & it said certain parts of the StudySync program would NOT be available in the morning as they were getting rid of it and adding a new section so if we wanted our lessons or assignments saved that we had to print them and save them NOW!!! And we couldn't even get on the site where we needed to be plus we were given no real notice. It's just a mess!!

Sorry for going off but I'm frustrated as can be and I haven't talked with one single person who isn't upset by what they keep doing which is throwing something new at us (due to common core) and say LEARN IT, USE IT, or else!

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 12, 2016 08:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments Ugh! that sounds just awful! I hope they figure out how to use this system and stop having you guys spin your wheels and waste your time...

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm not too worried about it because in May I am retiring!!! :o)

message 18: by Vicki (last edited Aug 13, 2016 12:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am FINALLY done! And I loved it and I adored Lucy!

Jensen (view spoiler)

Jensen's parents (view spoiler)

Lucy is (view spoiler)

Freya (view spoiler)

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments Vicki wrote: "I'm not too worried about it because in May I am retiring!!! :o)"

WOOHOOO!!! How exciting!

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments and I'm so glad you loved this one too!!

So, you guys want to maybe read book 2?? soonish? (september maybe?)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YES! I am dying to know about the "criminal"!!

message 22: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Aug 13, 2016 09:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7287 comments Sounds good. We also need to pick a date to read Persuasion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #2) by Martina Boone .

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I still haven't gotten to Compulsion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #1) by Martina Boone LOL But I will read it before we do book 2.

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments are we good to schedule both for September then?

I'm completely open so far that month!

So let's just throw out some dates!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sept 3 or 4 Imperfectly Criminal (Imperfect, #2) by Mary Frame ?
Sept 11, 13, 14, 15 or 16 Persuasion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #2) by Martina Boone ?

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31446 comments can we switch them?

can we read Persuasion on Sept 4th?

and Imperfect Criminal on Sept 11?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sure thing. Want me to make these threads too?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Hannah, does that work for you too?

message 29: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7287 comments Yeah those dates work for me.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ok perfect :)