The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)
This topic is about Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore > MPTHB: Section 2: The Library

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Section 2

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of The Library.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling things for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later sections. Referring back to events from a previous section is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
I'm tearing through this book. It's an easy read.

The Reading Room is fantastic. I want to visita secret undefground library hidden behind a bookshelf.

I'm torn on the failure. On one hand it would cheapen things if solving the book was so easy. On the other, what does it mean for Penumbra? Maybe Corniva's warning was genuine?

I'm afraid to know the secrets of the book. It probably cant live up to the intrigue.

I am curious if we're learn anymore about Grumble. Maybe he's just a plot device to solve the problem of photographing the boom though.

Also, Moffet died really young. I think 47. Did they say why? He was part of the secret book club, but then published his magic book instead. Was he punished for that?

If I dont finish this tomorrow, I'll be surprised.

message 3: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat | 1177 comments Getting almost caught in the Reading Room was good. I was pretty sure he wasn't gonna get out of there in one piece. Or at least not with his harddrive intact.

I loved the big hack party at google, even if the result was zilch.

I thought they would find something. Not solve it, but find something that would then have to be solved a different way again.

I'm worried about Penumbra, where did he scoot off to?