paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

group reads archive > August group read nominations

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Time to think about what we're going to read next month.
I'll set up a poll at the end of the week.

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Wow, Time flys by!!! I'd like to add Vostok, by Steve Alten again. It was up once, but not chosen--still staring at me every time I pass the physical TBR pile, and I almost "need" a group read as an excuse to start it--LOL! Of course, I also bought The Night Sister, from this month's suggestions.... I have to say, I'm pleased to have the "excuse" to read some of these books that I otherwise wouldn't have noticed. :)
Vostok by Steve Alten

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
I should finally get cought up on this month's tonight, i will suggest Red for next month

message 4: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
I would like to read The Bottoms The Bottoms by Joe R. Lansdale , so that's my nomination.

message 5: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis Red was a great read for me.
I will second The Bottoms.

I still want to read The Night Sister as well. We talked about buddy reading it this month. Is anyone ready to do that now? Or should we put it in the poll again?

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Vicki wrote: "Red was a great read for me.
I will second The Bottoms.

I still want to read The Night Sister as well. We talked about buddy reading it this month. Is a..."

I do have my copy of THE NIGHT SISTER in.......I'm up for whatever the majority wants--they all sound good. I haven't read the BOTTOMS yet, either.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I'm putting forward Rot & Ruin Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1) by Jonathan Maberry

message 8: by Maxine Marsh (new)

Maxine Marsh | 703 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "I'm putting forward Rot & RuinRot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1) by Jonathan Maberry"

Oh, good one Kate!

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
The poll is now open for next months' read.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/7...

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
We're tied again for this month. If anyone wants to vote or change their vote please do it before the poll ends. Thanks. :)