Play Book Tag discussion

June, 2016: Fantasy > Total number of titles read in June for Fantasy...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8929 comments June was a slower month for us.

In total, we read 78 individual titles in June for Fantasy.

message 2: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1413 comments I wish I had read more in June. I didn't get much reading in at all. I'm in a slump. It's sad because fantasy is my favorite genre. I could've really shined, lol.

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6279 comments I just realized that I forgot to add books to the group bookshelf. I'm assuming you took care of my lapse, Cin.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9166 comments There's a group bookshelf? Is that how you get the points? Other than voting, what does one go with these points? Never had the opportunity to ask...

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Amy wrote: "There's a group bookshelf? Is that how you get the points? Other than voting, what does one go with these points? Never had the opportunity to ask..."

Amy, there is a group bookshelf and you can access it by looking below the PBT banner on any page, finding the PBT icon on the right hand column, and selecting the group bookshelf from the list of about 10 options below the logo.

We only add books to the group shelf that are read for the monthly tag or books that are read for an official PBT Challenge. We ask that no one adds new shelves to the bookshelf except for Cindy. You can see the guidelines for using the group shelf at: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

If you forget to add your books to the group shelf, Cindy does a cleanup at the end of each month and makes sure everything gets added.

Participation points are not reliant on your remembering to add your books to the group shelf. Anita goes through and gives everyone participation points based on the reviews you post. You get two points per review you post under the monthly tag and one point for everything else.

Voting is the primary use for the participation points.

message 6: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8929 comments Book Concierge wrote: "I just realized that I forgot to add books to the group bookshelf. I'm assuming you took care of my lapse, Cin."

I do double check it all before adding up the stats.

Thanks, Nicole for answering questions before I got here!