I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BotM Nominations > Nominations for our 1st group read title

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 576 comments Mod
What trade should we read for our first group read?

message 2: by Tia (new)

Tia | 15 comments Would anyone be interested in reading nonfiction books about comics? I'm going to read Pretty in Ink next, it's about the history of woman illustrators.

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian (brianhead) | 30 comments Tia wrote: "Would anyone be interested in reading nonfiction books about comics? I'm going to read Pretty in Ink next, it's about the history of woman illustrators."

I like the idea of reading non-fiction, but in practice I'm not sure if I have the attention span for it.

message 4: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 639 comments Mod
Tia wrote: "Would anyone be interested in reading nonfiction books about comics? I'm going to read Pretty in Ink next, it's about the history of woman illustrators."

I'm game for that.

message 5: by Kate (new)

I nominate Saga, Volume 6

message 6: by Kate (new)

Tia wrote: "Would anyone be interested in reading nonfiction books about comics? I'm going to read Pretty in Ink next, it's about the history of woman illustrators."

There's an "add book/author" link at the top right of the comment box. Could you please use that to link the book here so that I can add it to the voting poll once we have a few nominations?

message 7: by Brian (new)

Brian (brianhead) | 30 comments My nomination is for Giant Days, Vol. 1

message 8: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

message 10: by Tia (new)

Tia | 15 comments Even Alan Moore admits he went too far with The Killing Joke. I'd probably sit that one out if you guys go that route.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Tia wrote: "Even Alan Moore admits he went too far with The Killing Joke. I'd probably sit that one out if you guys go that route."

Hey Tia! This is just for people to throw out nominations for titles. A poll will go up tonight so we all can vote on which one we'd like to read :)

message 12: by Kate (new)

Nominations are now closed. The poll for voting will go live tomorrow (7/12) and stay up until Sunday (7/17). For international folks, we're running this based on Eastern Standard Time :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.