LDS Ladies Book Club discussion

Song of the Swallows
This topic is about Song of the Swallows
Book Clubs - general/business > Song of the swallows

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (last edited Jul 08, 2016 09:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tracey (traceyrb) This is a sweet gentle story and the illustrations are very pleasant to look at and done in a way that children will delight in.

For me the story is about faith, love and preparedness. Juan had faith in what old Julian told him and faith in the wisdom of God that He had placed in the swallows to enable them to make this yearly migration. He also believed if he prepared a place for them, they would come.

This made me think about the Holy Ghost and how if we will make a place in our hearts and minds, He will come to live with us. Also that Christ too has promised He will come to us if we are prepared, like the wise virgins.
The story tells of the promise of God that seasons will come and go and all will follow as before until He comes.

What did you think of this sweet book and what did it make you think of?

Katrina Lybbert | 72 comments I just read this book. It is a sweet story. I always enjoy reading about other cultures and traditions. I also love birds, so any story with birds is usually enjoyable to me.

I also felt there was a theme of faith and love and preparedness. I also liked this quote: "I believe that, of all the creatures, God has given them the most freedom and happiness." It made me think of the freedoms I have and how God also created us to have joy.

I liked learning the Spanish name for swallows - las golondrinas.

Tracey (traceyrb) Katrina wrote: "I just read this book. It is a sweet story. I always enjoy reading about other cultures and traditions. I also love birds, so any story with birds is usually enjoyable to me.

I also felt there wa..."

Las Golondrinas is a pretty name and rolls off the tongue.

Having freedom is important for without the right to choose there is no progression; this is why God grants it to all His children.