Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Making/taking notes while reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (last edited Jul 08, 2016 09:25PM) (new)

Megan I have a question for everyone that randomly popped into my head....

Does anyone make/take notes while reading? Just notes for yourself, a book review, or even for a college course?

I'm currently reading Temple Grandin's 'Thinking in Pictures' and it is very interesting. She makes several different points about autism, how they relate to her, and how she deals with it.

I started to take a few notes while reading. Not sure whether or not I'll use these notes for anything else, but there is a lot of important information she provides to her reader that it seems like I should take some notes.

Let me know! Do you take notes? What for? How do you prefer to make/take notes?

Lissa Smith Reads'~A Bookaholics Bookshelf (lissasmithreads) I take notes often. So go for it! We are readers and well... that is just one of the many things we do.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) Hi. If you feel the need or desire to make a note, do so. Don't worry if you will or will not use it later. Just do it. I make notes for review and research purposes and if something in particular interests me. I have a notebook set aside for each: research and review. Whatever you want to do, do it. Everyone's organization style is different. : )

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan Thanks guys. That's good to know.

Sue: I like how you have a separate notebook for research and review. I have a random notebook that includes everything - notes for book reviews, notes for myself, favorite books, to-be-read book lists, and more. I should get a new notebook and organize everything better.

On a random note, I noticed your name says dog mom. What kind of dogs are you a mom to? I guess I could call myself a dog mom too. I have two awesome dogs. :)

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) I rescue dogs that are old, sick, have behavior issue, and are on death row. Anyone who has a dog is a dog mom. : )

Because I'm writing my own book, I also have a notebook for story notes and another notebook for future stories. Yup, it makes it easier for me to keep things organized.