Horror Aficionados discussion

The Wasp Factory
This topic is about The Wasp Factory
Buddy Reads > The Wasp Factory

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Addy | 4989 comments This is a short little book Terry and I will be reading soon. If u want to join us feel free to haunt, lurk or join...lol.

Terry | 4971 comments When would you like to start?

Addy | 4989 comments Do u have it already?

Terry | 4971 comments It just got here yesterday, so I'm good to go :)

Addy | 4989 comments Cool! I work all weekend so wud Monday be ok?

Terry | 4971 comments Sure. Sounds good.

Michael Brookes (technohippy) I loved this book. It has quite a sinister feel to it.

Addy | 4989 comments Can't go wrong with sinister:) I can't get over the blurb where it says he's killed and nonchalantly explains its a phase he was going through. Really!? This kid is messed up!

Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments I've had this for awhile, so I'm going to try to join in.

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Welcome Deborah! I'm good with 2-3 chaps a day and any further please use spoiler tags. Starting on Monday.

Deborah (brandiec) | 229 comments Addy wrote: "Welcome Deborah! I'm good with 2-3 chaps a day and any further please use spoiler tags. Starting on Monday."

I read the whole thing yesterday, so I'll probably wait until y'all are at 100% spoilers to contribute anything.

message 12: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments That's ok. I knew u wud:) I remember u from other groups and I always thought u were a fast reader. Feel free to chime in. Hope u enjoyed it!

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch2(view spoiler)

message 14: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I stopped at ch3. (view spoiler)

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "Ch2[spoilers removed]"

i believe that's exactly what it is. Ch2 (view spoiler)

Gulli Hi! I was wondering whether you guys are still reading this? I would like to join in!

Terry | 4971 comments You're welcome to join, Gully! A couple of us are just at the end of ch2, reading 2-3 ch a day.

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "I stopped at ch3. [spoilers removed]"

I'm feeling the same way, Addy (view spoiler)

Gulli Terry wrote: "You're welcome to join, Gully! A couple of us are just at the end of ch2, reading 2-3 ch a day."

Thank you, Terry! I'll get started as soon as possible. :-)

message 20: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Welcome Gully!

Ch3(view spoiler)

Nickronomicon | 161 comments I read this awhile back, and I was a little underwhelmed. It gets such high praise but I guess I just didn't get it. It's one of those books where you just kind of ride along, then there's kind of a twist at the end - though you'll probably see it coming - and then it just ends. Weird book. I'll just lurk here and see what you all think of it.

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Right now I'm wondering why the high praise but I'm a little less than half way through.

message 23: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Pg72(view spoiler)

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "Welcome Gully!

Ch3[spoilers removed]"

I'm not really yet either. (view spoiler)

message 25: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Good thinking Terry! I hadn't thought of that! Makes a little more sense of what goes on in someone's head.

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "Pg72[spoilers removed]"

No kidding (view spoiler)

message 27: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Don't count on it!

message 28: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Pg96(view spoiler)

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "Pg96[spoilers removed]"

Yeah, pretty warped logic, (view spoiler)

Terry | 4971 comments Pg107 (view spoiler)

message 31: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Oh gosh, I totally agree(view spoiler)

message 32: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments This is just a guess but (view spoiler)

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "This is just a guess but [spoilers removed]"

Good theory. (view spoiler)

message 34: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Hmmm. Very curious.

Gulli Addy wrote: "Oh gosh, I totally agree[spoilers removed]"

Chapter 6, though short, definitely shed light on a lot of things! "So that was my mother’s last visit to the island and the house. She left one dead, one born and two crippled for life, one way or other. Not a bad score for a fortnight in the summer of groovy and psychedelic love, peace and general niceness."

message 36: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments That definitely sums it up!

message 37: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I stopped at ch9. (view spoiler)

message 38: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'll finish up tomorrow:)

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "I stopped at ch9. [spoilers removed]"

I agree with all of that! (view spoiler) I should finish up tomorrow also.

Bethany Hall | 8 comments I just picked this up in a second-hand bookshop, so I might peek over your shoulders in a week or two, if that's ok

Terry | 4971 comments Absolutely, Bethany. Look forward to your comments.

Bethany Hall | 8 comments Awesome, thanks Terry

message 43: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Holy crap! The ending was huge!(view spoiler)

Terry | 4971 comments I agree, totally did not expect it to end that way. (view spoiler)

message 45: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, you have to wonder what happened to everyone in this book. Definitely re-readable. I prob missed so many clues!

Terry | 4971 comments Addy wrote: "Yes, you have to wonder what happened to everyone in this book. Definitely re-readable. I prob missed so many clues!"

(view spoiler)

message 47: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Lol. I know I would....well, not literally:)

Terry | 4971 comments Too bad there won't be a book 2, though as I believe the author passed away last year. I have several of his SciFi books on my shelves at home too, but haven't read one yet. I need to get on the ball!

message 49: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, I had seen that. That's too bad that he's already passed. He wrote a damn good book. I'll have to check out his other stuff.

Gulli I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I think a diagram of the wasp factory would have helped, too. I have another novel by Banks on my bookshelf, Complicity, which I may read soon!

« previous 1