Beta Reader Group discussion

Teymour Shahabi
This topic is about Teymour Shahabi
74 views
Writing Advice & Discussion > Help me choose 1 of these 2 designs for my book!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) | 29 comments Hello authors and readers!

I'm an indie author living in NYC, and I'm currently working on designing and formatting my upcoming debut novel, a young adult mystery titled "The Secret Billionaire." I'd love your help in picking a design! This short video lays out 2 options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euuog...

I look forward to your thoughts! (And since we're all book lovers here, anyone recognize the book in the example?)

Hope everyone's having a great summer!

Teymour Shahabi
www.teymourshahabi.com


message 2: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (booksteainsanity) Hello, Teymour!

Given that your novel is YA, I'd say Option 1. (But, even if it weren't YA, I still prefer the first option; it gives a more open, less cramped feel.)

All the best to you in your book publishing journey!

—Anastasia


message 3: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) | 29 comments Anastasia wrote: "Hello, Teymour!

Given that your novel is YA, I'd say Option 1. (But, even if it weren't YA, I still prefer the first option; it gives a more open, less cramped feel.)

All the best to you in your ..."


Thanks so much Anastasia, for both the opinion and the kind encouragement!


message 4: by Giselle (new)

Giselle (gisg6) | 5 comments Teymour,
I also prefer the first option for your book cover.
Good luck on your book!
-Giselle


message 5: by Bryant (new)

Bryant Reil | 27 comments I concur with the previous comments. Option 1 looks more open.


message 6: by Krysten (new)

Krysten (krystenbennett) | 2 comments Hi Teymour – I like them both, but the second option looks more like a textbook to me. I prefer the extra white space in the first option.


message 7: by Ray (new)

Ray Sunn | 19 comments Like other said, option 1. It's aesthetically pleasing.


message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex Tamburro (alextamburro) | 41 comments Option 1 is easier on my four eyes. Option 2 seems really cramped.


message 9: by Kent (new)

Kent Deron (kentderon) | 1 comments I will sound like an echo and vote option one.


message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie I am going to agree with everyone else and go with option one


message 11: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) | 29 comments Midnight wrote: "Teymour,
I also prefer the first option for your book cover.
Good luck on your book!
-Giselle"


Teymour wrote: "Anastasia wrote: "Hello, Teymour!

Given that your novel is YA, I'd say Option 1. (But, even if it weren't YA, I still prefer the first option; it gives a more open, less cramped feel.)

All the be..."


Midnight wrote: "Teymour,
I also prefer the first option for your book cover.
Good luck on your book!
-Giselle"


Bryant wrote: "I concur with the previous comments. Option 1 looks more open."

Krysten wrote: "Hi Teymour – I like them both, but the second option looks more like a textbook to me. I prefer the extra white space in the first option."

Ray wrote: "Like other said, option 1. It's aesthetically pleasing."

Alexandra wrote: "Option 1 is easier on my four eyes. Option 2 seems really cramped."

Kent wrote: "I will sound like an echo and vote option one."

Mackenzie wrote: "I am going to agree with everyone else and go with option one"

Thanks so much for all these opinions! It's UNANIMOUS! :)


message 12: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) | 29 comments And the results are in! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggvX...

Thanks so much for helping me choose!


message 13: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Brooks | 46 comments Option 1! I said it on your YouTube as well, but figured I'd say it here too :)


message 14: by Grace (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 18 comments Yes, option 1 will appeal the most to teenagers.


message 15: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) | 29 comments Elliot wrote: "Option 1! I said it on your YouTube as well, but figured I'd say it here too :)"

Thanks so much Elliot! Now that the cat's out of the bag: I agree! :)


message 16: by Teymour (new)

Teymour Shahabi (teymourshahabi) | 29 comments Elliot wrote: "Option 1! I said it on your YouTube as well, but figured I'd say it here too :)"

Thank you Destiny /Ms. Grace! :)


back to top