Old Souls Book Club discussion

Share your thoughts > 4th day Essential Challenge by Saiisha

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.L. (last edited Jul 07, 2016 09:58AM) (new)

S.L. Northey | 40 comments Good Grieving, Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

The 4th day essential essential challenge had me thinking about things I do to "unplug" so I can have that soul building time. I do a few things that I feel that was very necessary over the last three years of finding my connection to this divine aspect of my true self, my soul.

1). I lost interest I the negativism sensationalized media of all types. I noticed I wanted to listen to different music, I stopped watching the news, except for the local news, I stopped allowing other people to share their un resolving issues they chose not to resolve. I basically said N to O on what negative energy came into my world. I started listening to things that I knew to be spiritually building than damaging to me.

2). I quit a job that wasn't right for me. I prayed for many months before I made the decision. Interesting comment about prayer. ( I don't wish to step on toes about belief systems but I have to be honest). Anyway, I prayed and prayed asking my Creator to just hear me out, not fix anything. I heard a voice (again) tell me, you will have a new job that will be more like part time. You should move there toward that path because your writing requirements will increase. We need you to write more. So I quit, driving home I pulled over and put my head on the steering wheel and said, Father, I know things will turn out so I pray for your guidance and wisdom. I got home and applied a few places. I decided to apply to a travel agency since they had needs close enough to my home, with an hour or so. I received a recruiter, an interview within days, and now waiting to start a job, get this, only three days per week with fifteen more dollars per hour pay. I didn't want more pay, I wanted a different place. Then I thought about what was asked of me, "you need less time at work and more time writing....the work of writing will intensify for a period of time". I thought, it took only days of not knowing where I would work, to knowing, and the job fit this messaged criteria.

3)I pray daily, mostly giving thanks for each day's prosperity, whether I had challenges or no challenges. I made prayer a priority to keep the door open to the divine messages. I go out to my yard, even in the rain raise my hands up and speak to my Father with a genuine thought, usually thank you for hearing me.

4) I work diligently like I am on a schedule. No one tells me how often to write, but I write because it is my communication design.

5). When I meet people, I try to see them as souls in process. Good or bad, they are on their journey too.

Sincerely, S.L.

message 2: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
S.L. wrote: "Good Grieving, Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

The 4th day essential essential challenge had me thinking about things I do to "unplug" so I can have that soul buildi..."

This is awesome SL! Thanks so much for sharing... I've stopped watching the news a while ago as well, when I realized no good ever comes out of it! It must have been a difficult decision to quit your job, but I applaud you for trusting the guidance that came to you - isn't it true that the more we trust it, the more we're entrusted with it? And you're showing it with your prayers, and commitment to your writing. And I must say, your writing is beautiful!!

I'm going to share this message on my other group (Connect With Your Soul) as well - thank you so much!

message 3: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Northey | 40 comments Good Grieving, Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

Shaiisha,

A lot of times I am surprised at how prayers get answered, how fast, and with great accuracy. It almost is the confirmation that something is listening. Some people call it the universe, the divine, God. With all that's happen to me in three short years, every day feels like some miracle. An eternal well from which " IT" feeds. The energy coming in, and my energy flowing back.

message 4: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Northey | 40 comments A closed loop of communication so tangibly felt.

message 5: by Saiisha (new)

S.L. wrote: "A closed loop of communication so tangibly felt."

That's pretty amazing SL!

message 6: by S.L. (new)

5th day essential soul building challenge by Saiisha asked about the soul Sabhana. What to fill the void with to have like a mission statement that creates the path to your journey to the soul.

My Sabhana steps include building an increased spiritual connection to humility, gratitude, generosity, curiosity, faith and desire. It is a list of Sabhana words I placed into its own wooden box on index cards. By the candle case, and my mallard lamp.

Marketing is unfortunately my new companion. So my Sabhana can help me deliver something without marketing in the traditional route. My soul says, invite them. It never says, sell them. That is why these words are what I need to learn well.

message 7: by Saiisha (new)

S.L. wrote: "Good Grieving, Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

5th day essential soul building challenge by Saiisha asked about the soul Sabhana. What to fill the void with to have ..."

I love your list of intentions SL - humility, gratitude, generosity, curiosity, faith and desire! Funny mention about marketing, but we gotta do what we gotta do in this modern world for the sake of art, or to make a living sometimes... and it's brave of you to invite it in!