Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
This topic is about Chain of Gold
Book Issues > Issues with Chain of Gold by Clare

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela (readwithbangie) | 4 comments Hello!
I think someone got it wrong... Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare got a cover and it says it's the first book in the trilogy, but on goodreads the first book in the trilogy is Chain of Thorns. On many sites it says Chain of Thorns is the first book, but the cover is official and it clearly says "Book one".
Also, it should come out in 2017 and not 2018.

message 2: by Melanie (last edited Jul 07, 2016 09:08AM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1770 comments I'm thinking that's not an official cover. At the bottom, it seems to reference someone's tumblr which leads me to believe it's fanart?

I'll leave this to another librarian to decide though.

message 3: by Angela (last edited Jul 07, 2016 09:12AM) (new) - added it

Angela (readwithbangie) | 4 comments Now that you mention it I can definitely see it at the bottom. Which explains why it seems a weird cover!
http://portal.julund.com.br/wp-conten...

message 4: by Georgeana (last edited Jul 07, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Georgeana | 771 comments Melanie, if it is a fanart cover then I believe it can be removed based on Rivka's decision here. If you can find out whether it is fanmade or not, then it's probably safe to remove it. Since I'm not familiar with the series, I don't feel comfortable saying for sure whether its fan art or not, but it appears to be so from the text at the bottom.

message 5: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela (readwithbangie) | 4 comments I think it's fanart also because Cassandra Clare's official sites say the first book is Chain of Thorns.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1770 comments I checked the tumblr page and the post says fanmade book cover.

http://infernalheronstairs.tumblr.com...

Removed cover and added a librarian note.