2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7)
This topic is about When Maidens Mourn
When Maidens Mourn > Question M

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Hero has fallen in love with Sebastian, to her surprise. Sebastian is going through his own emotional transition. How would you characterize what is happening to these two? What did you think of their commitment "to do better?"

Phrynne | 605 comments I am sure there will be more obstacles in their way but I think we are all going to enjoy their relationship.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I love watching this transition as they both start to fit into each other's lives. I particularly loved that scene where Sebastian comes home and finds Hero in their library and just watches her for a moment. He's smiling and laughing a lot more at things she says as he discovers that they share a sense of humor. They are a work in progress but it feels a lot more real than anything he had with Kat, which existed as more of a fantasy life.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 07, 2016 02:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Veronica, that's one of my favorite scenes. They were both vulnerable in that moment and it seemed so intimate. I felt like a voyeur it was that well done. This will be a relationship of substance, built on sincere feelings and understanding. I'm looking forward to continuing my voyeurism:)

The commitment to do better is a big step forward for them. It's something they want to do, which speaks volumes.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Agreed with you all. We want an eventual HEA for Sebastian and Hero, with the usual investigations done in concert.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I too love the way that they are learning about one another and growing closer. They are a true match both in mind and body.

I think that Hero understands Sebastian and his need to be involved in the investigations much more than Kat who couldn't accept his "hobby". Hero shares Sebastian's desire to seek justice for those who cannot get it any other way.

They do have a lot more in common than Sebastian ever had with Kat and not just related to social standing.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I am loving them together...and seeing them as a married couple is even more interesting. I love the little moments they have together. I think they will try to do better but will probably have little upsets along the way because they do care.

Joanna | 139 comments I think "to do better" means to be more open with each other. One thing is clear: Sebastian is going to have to leave Kat alone. He wouldn't like it if Hero spent time alone with a person she still had feelings for.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I've always wondered if there was ever a young man who admired Hero in a manner that went beyond mere friendship, an admirer from afar. Too timid to make a case for her because, well, Jarvis, lol.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Veronica wrote: "Too timid to make a case for her because, well, Jarvis, lol. "

Jarvis is enough to scare even the most stalwart of suitors away, lol!

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Very true! :-)