2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7)
This topic is about When Maidens Mourn
When Maidens Mourn > Question C

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Sebastian and Hero both investigate Gabrielle's murder, sometimes separately, sometimes jointly. How well do you think they worked with each other during the case? Were they as open and honest with each other as they should have been?

Phrynne | 605 comments They were not entirely open with each other so I am hoping for great things when they start to be so!

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I think they did well, considering they've only been married four days and are still trying to figure their relationship out. There is not 100% trust there but they both took some major steps in this book and they're both on board to "do better".

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 12, 2016 05:52AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
It seemed pretty seamless for the most part. I was impressed with how well they filled each other's gaps in terms of expertise. That scene where Sebastian brought Gabrielle's clothes to Hero for inspection was a great example. He knew they were relevant and she would see what was or wasn't relevant. And, they were clear when to withhold from each other. Right or wrong, it was appropriate for each of them at the time based on their choices.

I'm really going to enjoy these two. It's a very intelligent pairing and relationship.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Good points, again, all! I do hope their relationship evolves such that we get to see each of their strengths combined and open.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments It could have been solved much more quickly if they had been more forthright with each other from the start. Once they told each other things they had learned separately (toward the end), it all started coming together for them.

I agree with Veronica that it is the early days of their marriage and they are still getting to know and trust one another. Separately they are formidable, together they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I agree with you all. I thought Harris portrayed it quite realistically...they are newly married still strangers in some way, and have their own motives and doing things their way.

Joanna | 139 comments I think they worked well together when they put their mind to it. Of course they were keeping certain things from each other. I know why Sebastian was keeping Knox a secret and why Hero was keeping Jarvis a secret, but I don't know why Hero chose not to mention about Childe's interest in young girls.