2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7)
This topic is about When Maidens Mourn
When Maidens Mourn > Question B

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Hero faces her first challenge of loyalty to husband or father. How do you think she handled it?

Phrynne | 605 comments She did well. Especially as Sebastian was also keeping secrets from her.

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I agree, she handled it well. She knows Jarvis is no saint and, as she told him, she will always do what she feels is right - even if it goes against what Jarvis wants her to do. But she won't serve up Jarvis in a case where he is honestly not involved. I admired what she told Sebastian when he was angry that she didn't throw herself completely in his corner, when she asked him if he would expect a daughter of his to betray him in favor of whatever man she ends up marrying. I think that's what made him take a step back and really consider things from Hero's POV.

I loved how she handled it, finding her moral center and lines to draw and standing clear and firm with both Sebastian and Jarvis.

I'm glad you recalled that passage, Veronica, because at the moment I read it, it struck a chord.

This is one extraordinary woman.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments I agree with you all, but I admit I was uncomfortable that she was loyal to Jarvis. Do we know what he has against Sebastian? if so, I've forgotten.

He just dislikes him intensely, mostly because he gets in the middle of Jarvis' plans and business.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Thanks. I thought I missed a set of several incidents reported somewhere in previous books....

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Hero was in a very tough position and she handled it the best way that she could under the circumstances. I think that Sebastian understood this and admired her for it.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Charlene wrote: "I agree with you all, but I admit I was uncomfortable that she was loyal to Jarvis. Do we know what he has against Sebastian? if so, I've forgotten."

It didn't start out as anything personal. Sebastian just made a good scapegoat in book #1, but after Sebastian barged into Jarvis's house and kidnapped Hero, it became much more personal.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
Hero handled it so well! I was wondering what she would say or do.