2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

When Maidens Mourn (Sebastian St. Cyr, #7)
This topic is about When Maidens Mourn
When Maidens Mourn > Question A

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
When did it occur to you that one of the missing children was THE Alfred, Lord Tennyson who became a famous poet?

Phrynne | 605 comments I thought it must be - but then wasn't it George who was writing the poetry? I have already returned the book to the library so I can't look:)

George wrote the poetry in this story. Alfred was only three years old.

Phrynne | 605 comments So both Tennyson boys were poetic in the end:)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments I recognized the name immediately. Harris inserts some real life people here and there throughout the course of the series, though Lord Tennyson is by far the youngest.

Went right over my head until poetry was mentioned and I had an "aha" moment:)

This is the second or third book in this series where poetry is a factor in the story.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1391 comments Because there was something before the story began, a quotation from Alfred, Lord Tennyson, I suspected right away that he was the younger brother. It was a surprise that his nine-year old older brother could write such adult poetry as was cited in our story.

Phrynne | 605 comments That's what I found strange. If Alfred had been older and had been writing those lines I would have understood it better.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Also guessed from the start. I actually went to the Wikipedia to check if Gabrielle Tennyson was a real person but alas...

I did the same thing, Lauren:)

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 563 comments Mod
I picked up on the name Tennyson and was wondering if George was Alfred's first name or just a pet name...then when they said young brother Alfred I figured it was THE Tennyson.

I was certain you'd notice, Kris.

Joanna | 139 comments I caught the name but I wasn't sure if it was going to be the Alfred Tennyson or just someone with the same name.