{Bend The Light ~ Control The Dark} An Original RPG discussion

Outside the kingdom > Small Forest

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 175 comments Mod
A vast forest in the mountains.
description

message 2: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 07, 2016 06:53PM) (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 517 comments Mod
Nikolas groaned in frustration, turning away from Tokë and running his hands through his hair. "It's not working, Tokë. These exercises aren't helping me control it!" Next to him, a patch of daisies swiftly curled up and fell to the ground, black and completely dead from his frustration. Tokë sighed, shaking his head. "Nikolas...you need to be patient with this. It will come to you eventually."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Alecsandru quietly walked through the forest, lost in his thoughts. He still didn't understand why he was chosen as the Life mage, and he had barely spend any time with Vitea, the dragon that was supposed to be helping him. He paused when he heard voices. He approached Nikolas and Tokë silently, watching intently as Nikolas somehow managed to kill a patch of daisies. He walked over to the patch and crouched down, still not having said a word. He placed a hand over one of the dead flowers and it slowly revived, even growing larger than it had been before. "I've noticed that stress doesn't help," he said, straightening and turning to look at Nikolas calmly, holding up the flower that he'd plucked from the ground. Way to make a first impression, Alec, he thought to himself, That would have been embarrassing if it hadn't worked.

message 4: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 517 comments Mod
Nikolas turned abruptly, strongly embarrassed and irritated that Alec had to show off. As soon as he was aware of these emotions, he tried to bottle them, attempting to calm his pulse and breathe slowly. Tokë watched silently, interested in seeing Nikolas's reaction. "Good to know." Nikolas replied to Alec, as calmly as he could. He was having a hard time keeping the annoyance out of his voice.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec frowned, setting his jaw. "I was only trying to help," he said, taking note of the annoyance in Nikolas's voice. He wasn't the best at reading people or emotions, but he could see irritation better than most. "I understand how frustrating it is. My magic rarely agrees with me either. That was just pure luck."

message 6: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((This is my favorite RP of them all right now :D))

No, you don't, Nikolas thought. "Right," he agreed. "Pure luck." Tokë shifted slightly, eyes flicking to Alec for his response.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

((Thanks :) Just try to keep your replies a little longer. It gets hard to work with only a couple sentences.))

Alec narrowed his eyes. "Do you have a problem with me?" He asked, his voice taking on the authoritative tone that it always did when he was agitated. He didn't know why Nikolas was being so short with him, but he intended to find out.

message 8: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((I get it. Couldn't think of much more to RP then, but this time is juicy!! >:) ))

Usually, with just Alec's new tone of voice, Nikolas would have gotten angry. He positively hated patronizing, being ordered, or anything of the sort and would only tolerate it from those who had the power to do so. But this time, with the preceding drama, he almost flipped out, with the ground rumbling slightly. He was only stopped by Tokë's step forward and "Nikolas.." in a warning tone. Shooting a glare that conveyed volumes of how he was feeling to Tokë, Nikolas worked hard to breathe calmly and lower his pulse, and felt the earth's slight trembles halt. Nikolas raised his eyes back to Alec's, and replied with a tense, "No."

((I keep learning more and more about Nikolas from this lol.))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

((That's usually how it goes lol))

Alec felt the ground shaking and knit his brow. "Obviously that's a lie," he said when Nikolas said no. His hand rested lightly on the hilt of his sword, he didn't want to use it, but obviously Nik had anger issues and it might be necessary. "Look, I don't know what I did to offend you, but I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding," he said carefully, "I'm sure whatever it was can be handled civilly, yes?" He didn't know if what he was saying was going to help or hurt, but he was hoping it was the former. He really was bad at understanding people, one of his many faults.

message 10: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 07, 2016 09:37PM) (new)

((Yep))

Nikolas's eyes zeroed in on the hand that was now resting threateningly on the hilt of Alec's sword, and grew even more tense. Tokë noticed this quickly, and said to Alec, "He won't hurt you. You need to stop acting defensive." Nikolas's gaze darted to Tokë. "I don't need you to speak for me," he snapped. The grass around his feet browned.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec raised a brow and moved his hand from his sword. "Apologies," he said, "Force of habit." He frowned at the browning grass around Nikolas's feet. "Might want to calm down there, don't want to kill the whole forest, right?" He said in what he hoped Nik would take as a friendly or joking tone.

message 12: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 07, 2016 09:42PM) (new)

Once Alec's hand left his sword, Nikolas relaxed quite a bit. He had had no idea he was so tense about that, truly. When Alec went so far as to kill the intimidation and replace it with a friendly aura, Nikolas even cracked a small smirk, replying, "Good point. Maybe you're right." Relieved, Tokë sat back and watched.

((Wow. What a change.))

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

((Please don't do that. I'm at work right now and I don't always have the chance to reply. I will start to get incredibly annoyed if you aren't patient.))

Alec nodded, relieved. "You're Nikolas, right?" he asked, "Dark earth?" He was still having a hard time remembering all the names of the other mages. The only one he knew he wouldn't forget was his sister, Dysentria. He knew he'd have to get better at remembering though. He was supposed to lead the mages, how could he do that if he couldn't even remember their names?

message 14: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 08, 2016 09:51AM) (new)

((Sorry. I'll rein it in))

"It's that obvious?" Nikolas asked dryly, glancing at the dead patch of grass under his feet. I seriously need to get this under control! I'm going to injure someone or worse if this keeps happening! How did he find me, anyway?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec chuckled, "Yeah, kind of," he replied. "What are you having problems with?" he asked, "Anything I can help with?" He had no idea how he was going to be able to help one of the dark mages, but what kind of a leader would he be if he didn't offer?

message 16: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Nikolas was rather taken aback at this question. "I, ah.." he rubbed his neck awkwardly, looking away, "I'm not really sure what you could do, being...you know, the Life Mage."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec nodded, frowning slightly, "Yes... Perhaps that is a task better suited for Lylith. She might not have earth magic, but she might be able to help you with, well, that." He gestured to the dead grass beneath Nikolas's feet. He scratched the back of his head uncomfortably, wishing he could understand the dark mages magic better. He didn't even understand the magic of the other light mages all that well, how could he understand the dark? And what about Dysentria? Her magic was bound to be even harder to grasp than the elements, how was he supposed to help her?

message 18: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 09, 2016 07:03PM) (new)

"That's probably true," Nikolas replied, a little distantly. He was reflecting on his powers and how difficult they were to control. Being a Dark Mage probably automatically made it harder to use without hurting someone or something, because "Dark" was the opposite & equal of "Light", just showing all the negative sides of it. He supposed it was extra hard for him and the Death Mage, who had to make sure they didn't kill things accidentally. Even more so for Nikolas himself, having such a deep connection with Tokë and having some anger issues.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec sighed and walked back over to the dead daisies. He crouched down by the patch and held his hand over it. He closed his eyes and tried to focus on drawing power from the talisman that hung around his neck, but nothing happened. He sighed and dropped his hands, lowering his head slightly. "You aren't the only one who's having problems," he said, "I wish I could say that I wasn't, but I'm struggling too."

message 20: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((:D))

Nikolas's level gaze met Alec's position. He gave a bit of a sigh himself before replying, "Yeah, I guess so. Our problems are a bit reversed though." He meant that while Alec didn't seem to be having any trouble with making sure he didn't get out of control with his power, he did seem to have difficulty summoning it. Nikolas, on the other hand, found summoning his power easy-- so easy it came without him wanting it to (and when he did want it to, it was overdone); hence his trouble with actually controlling it.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec nodded, "My situation of course comes with a very different set of problems," he muttered, "But I understand your point. I can't even begin to imagine what you're feeling." He shook his head as he stood up and turned to face Nikolas again. And that's one of my problems, he thought, I can't help when I don't understand their struggles.

message 22: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

"Yeah.." Nikolas murmured, suddenly noticing the silence had gotten rather awkward. He glanced at Tokë, and cracked a smirk as he noticed his Dragon counterpart looking very pleased. Nikolas had realized why Tokë was so content: After the first encounter, Nikolas had been acting...well, not angry. Once both Alec and him had calmed down, they had been acting quite civilly....Nikolas grinned.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec noticed Nikolas's grin and frowned slightly. "What?" he asked. He wasn't the type to just smile because someone else was smiling, quite the opposite in fact. Often when people who had clear problems with authority were randomly grinning, it was about something they shouldn't be grinning about, though with Nikolas he wasn't sure.

message 24: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Sep 03, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Nikolas looked to Alec, still grinning, although not as bright as a moment ago. "It's just...well...I've done pretty well with you...excluding the first part." He had to give a little chuckle at Alec's confusion, still quite pleased.

message 25: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((You still remember this is here, right? Just saying..I know you're busy. It's just been a while.))

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry, I've been sick over the last few days.))

Alec cracked a small smile, "I see," he said, "Do you usually not to well?" He raised a brow. If that was the case there might be some problems between Nikolas and the other mages. Alec would have to keep an eye out for that.

message 27: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((Oh, I didn't know! Sorry, are you alright now?))

Nikolas chuckled, a little awkwardly. "Well...I'm not that great with meeting new people. As you might notice, it takes me a while to warm up to people. I tend to..." he grimaced, scratching the back of his neck, "I tend to take offense to innocent words, which kinda riles me up and-- and yeah." He caught himself from relaying his fears of harming others with his out of control powers.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sorry, I've been so busy lately it's taking me forever to get back to all of my RPs XD))

Alec raised a brow. "Oh?" he said, "Well, perhaps that's something you'll need to work on. We're supposed to protect and keep the peace and balance, that can be hard when you are unbalanced yourself." He sighed and shook his head slightly. "That's something you and my sister have in common. I'm sure you'll meet her soon enough."

message 29: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((Np ^.^))

"Very true. Your sister, she's the Death Mage, hmm? Lylith, right? Do you know if she's..ah..having the same problems I am?"

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec shook his head, "No, my sister is Dysentria. She'd the Dark Mind mage," he said, rather confused as to why Nikolas would have thought Lylith was his sister. But then again, he and Sentry didn't have much in common, aside from their green eyes, so maybe Lylith seemed to be more similar to him? "But I don't know if either of them are having the same troubles as you. I haven't spoken much to Lylith at all, and I haven't had the chance to check up on Dysentria yet." He didn't use his nickname for his sister when he spoke to others, knowing she hated when anyone but him called her Sentry.

message 31: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

"Oh, right! Sorry...my bad, I haven't actually met many of the others before." Near him, Tokë shook his head as if disappointed in him. Well, it isn't really Tokë's fault. He was trying to teach me. Nikolas grinned, albeit a bit awkwardly. "Dysentria. So how is she coping?"

((Oops, MY bad... XD Sorry))

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

((lol it's all good. It was actually kind of funny XD))

Alec shrugged, "She doesn't really talk much," he said, "So it's hard to tell. But it was obvious she was angry about being chosen as a Dark mage when I became Light. Then I got the Life talisman and she got the Mind..." He shook his head. "Our father was never exactly kind to her, and I was always his favorite. I'm not trying to sound arrogant when I say that either, it was just always obvious because I was well on my way to becoming a general in the King's army and Sentry, well, she didn't have much of a choice in what she was going to do in the future, as our father was planning on marrying her off the first chance he got. She resents me for that, I can tell, and this... Well this is sure to just add to that resentment."

message 33: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((Lol XD))

"Hmm. It sounds like you two have a complicated relationship." Nikolas said, not really knowing what else to say. "But what do you mean, 'this'?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec cocked his head, "This whole situation. She was happy to know I would be leaving when she found out I'd been chosen to be a Light mage, but then she was chosen for Dark. And now I'm supposed to be some great leader, with the help of the Death mage, and she'd supposed to do as we say. I'd imagine she'd pissed about that."

message 35: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Nov 13, 2016 05:11PM) (new)

"Oh yeah.." Nikolas mused, "I imagine she's a fierce one then." Dysentria sounded intriguing, and he was curious about meeting her, although he knew it was probably a bad idea.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec couldn't help but laugh. "That's an understatement," he said, "She spends most of her time trying to figure out how best to insult people. She rarely talks otherwise."

message 37: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((Hey, just curious but have you checked your PMs recently at all..?))

At Alec's words, Nikolas chuckled. "Sounds intriguing...yet also not for the faint-hearted." Or for people like you, maybe, he thought to himself.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yes, and Streamlily and I are discussing it. I'll get an answer to you when we reach a decision. (: ))

Alec snorted, "Definitely not for the faint of heart," he said, rolling his eyes at the thought. "She'd a handful, but she's my sister, so I've gotten used to it."

message 39: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Jul 26, 2016 10:19AM) (new)

((Alright, thanks :) ))

"Yeah, I bet. Sounds like you love each other though." Nikolas smiled, a bit distantly. He was thinking about his own family, wherever they were.

((Oh my gosh, I realized I put Mason's personality as his physical description xD))

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Alec nodded. "Of course," he said, "We might have a bit of a rocky relationship, but she's family. I can't not love her."

((Pfft, smooth lol))

message 41: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

(( Wasn't it? ;) XD ))

"Yeah," Nikolas replied, a little bitterly. He himself was an orphan. Yep, his parents had left him at age two, and he had grown up with only Margo, a kindly (now rather old) lady.

((I also seriously need to add Nikolas's past. Just so you know, he doesn't know why his parents left him and thinks rather negatively about it))

message 42: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

(( Right, yeah. I think Libra and I are almost done with this RP ))

message 43: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((Yeah, no problem! :) ))

message 44: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (last edited Sep 10, 2016 02:28PM) (new)

"Yeah," Nikolas replied, a little bitterly. He himself was an orphan. Yep, his parents had left him at age two, and he had grown up with only Margo, a kindly (now rather old) lady.

((Meep? Libra?))

message 45: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

((Hey Libra, I kinda need Nikolas for a different RP. Happy has been waiting for him for a while now so I think it's only fair that I close this one with a time skip. I hope you don't mind :) ))

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 175 comments Mod
Jordan followed Pepper into the forest on his mount, Buck. He could hear the chit chat of birds in the trees and the rustle of leaves on the forest floor. The sunlight streamed through the leaves of the trees gently and made the dirt and fallen leaves look golden.

message 47: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Pepper angled Raffel so she could turn to look at Jordan. "So, what now? Any ideas?" she smiled playfully.

Jordan bit his lip with a grin, "How 'bout a race?" His eyes challenged Pepper as they stood under the canopy of leaves, he hoped that she could ride well.

message 49: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

"Hmm..." Pepper mulled it over. She hadn't ridden in a while, that was true, but some of her old lessons were coming back to her. She felt confident that she was capable of a short race in the forest. "Sure." Pepper swept her hair behind her shoulder, a glint in her eye.

Jordan smiled ear to ear and turned Buck to be lined up with Pepper
"Alright the race should be through the trees, around that big stone-" He pointed into the distance, maybe 170 feet away was a large stone surrounded by a very small clearing, "and back here. What do you think?" He rested his left hand by his side and the other on the horn of the saddle.

« previous 1

{Bend The Light ~ Control The Dark} An Original...

unread topics | mark unread