Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Book entered twice

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roxy (new)

Roxy Katt | 2 comments Somehow, my THE KNIGHT, THE WITCH, AND THE VACUUM CLEANER is showing up twice in my author dashboard. I don't know how this happened, but I've been updating covers lately and may have done it by accident somehow, though I don't see how. I don't mean there is more than one edition, that's fine, because I should have in one heading a kindle edition, a smashword, edition, and an alternate cover edition. But I also have a separate entry under that title and want it gone. What to do?

message 2: by Dobby (last edited Jul 05, 2016 11:23AM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4636 comments Working on it ... ... and Done.

Only you can see your author dashboard, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. That said, I found an extra Smashwords edition that I combined with the others. It looks like you might have begun the ACE process with that one. I finished it up and added hyperlinks to the ACE you created for the Kindle edition.

This is your booklist now:
»   Kindle original cover: The Knight, The Witch, and the Vacuum Cleaner: A Futa Fairy Tale
»   Kindle ACE: The Knight, The Witch, and the Vacuum Cleaner: A Futa Fairy Tale

»   ebook orig cover: The Knight, The Witch, and the Vacuum Cleaner: A Futa Fairy Tale
»   ebook ACE: The Knight, The Witch, and the Vacuum Cleaner: A Futa Fairy Tale

message 3: by Roxy (new)

Roxy Katt | 2 comments Yes, this is good. Thank you. If I manage to get this problem again with another book, would I just push the combine link? Before I asked for help here I did that before and found a list of my books with empty boxes to check next to them, but decided not to risk going further. Would I just check the boxes of the works in question?

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4636 comments If the book is indeed another edition, as it was in this case, yes, you would check the appropriate boxes to combine the editions.

If you inadvertently combine books that shouldn't be combined, a librarian can separate them. Just post a request and we'll take care of it.