A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) A Court of Mist and Fury discussion

I hate Tamlin!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Wth is going on with Tamlin or were we blinded by his true colors in the first book? I seriously cannot stand that guy and every time Feyre goes to the Night Court I am telling her "dude just pick Rhys, open your darn eyes and see that Tamlin is the prick not Rhys!!" also I don't know why but, I picture Rhys as Andy from BVB haha!

Alex PREACH! Tamlin is trash. I looked back and skimmed some moments and I think we truly were deceived by his trashy possessiveness. See more at the Tamlin the Tool hashtag on tumblr. Let us all preach to you.

Just A Book Lover Ash wrote: "Wth is going on with Tamlin or were we blinded by his true colors in the first book? I seriously cannot stand that guy and every time Feyre goes to the Night Court I am telling her "dude just pick ..."

Yes! We were blind sided. I get where you coming from, I felt the exact same way!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm on ch34 and so far I'm thrilled feyre has thus far stayed with rhys

Nerdy_Author04 Ug I hate Tamlin. I mean c'mon u just can't lock your girlfriend up and expect her to be ok with it. Rhys is amazing, and with those wings just UG he is so perfect

Just A Book Lover I completed the book a month ago. I absolutely LOVE Rhys!!! ❤❤❤ I'm dying for the next book. In some ways I think ACOMAF beats ACOTAR

Nerdy_Author04 ♥˚♡ Aaliya wrote: "I completed the book a month ago. I absolutely LOVE Rhys!!! ❤❤❤ I'm dying for the next book. In some ways I think ACOMAF beats ACOTAR"

YES MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

KritikaB ♥˚♡ Aaliya wrote: "I completed the book a month ago. I absolutely LOVE Rhys!!! ❤❤❤ I'm dying for the next book. In some ways I think ACOMAF beats ACOTAR"

My thought is the same. I have been thinking about ACOMAF a lot even though I finished it quite sometimes ago.
Tamlin annoyed me since the ACOTAR and I'm super happy that Fayre and Rhys are mates. ^ ^

Nerdy_Author04 Yes! It broke my heart when the bond "broke" I was sitting their crying and then the end comes and I'm so mad because it was false.

Just A Book Lover I cried too. I was kinda happy about the plot twist. It was definitely unexpected. I can't wait for Feyre to DESTROY Tamlin! Like, seriously? Tamlin actually thought he could win her back by selling her family out? Absolutely pathetic!

Nerdy_Author04 ♥˚♡ Aaliya wrote: "I cried too. I was kinda happy about the plot twist. It was definitely unexpected. I can't wait for Feyre to DESTROY Tamlin! Like, seriously? Tamlin actually thought he could win her back by sellin..."
Yas! He's such a jerk and he deserves what's coming for him

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

um guys I haven't finished the book yet so please hide your spoilers.

Nerdy_Author04 Ash wrote: "um guys I haven't finished the book yet so please hide your spoilers."

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know. Let ,E know what u think after u finish reading:)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

lol its OK I already figured they were mates I should have finished it this past weekend but I've been binge watching Trueblood lol

Lexie Its okay, we all hate Tamlin.

Solaris Topic of Discussion:

In the end of the book of ACOMAF, it's written that Tamlin is wearing a bandolier of knives---an Illyrian bandolier.

Illyrian weapons.... on Tamlin.......

Why???????????

Solaris Could it be....

A) a gift from Rhys way back in the day when they were young and Rhys was teaching Tamlin a thing or two.

B) there are Illyrian traitors in the Night Court and Tamlin has recently made alliance with them against Rhys & Co, and Tamlin has the bandoliler as a token.

C) Tamlin was one of the beast snarling in the night when Rhys was captured and Feyre saved him--and he took it off a body he shredded in his rage.

D) Other [fill in blank]

Bring on the conjectures!

Sasha Walker Soo true! I think his character was meant to portray the typical guy we read about in contemporary romance like 50 Shades or Beautiful Disaster. In reality traits such as possessiveness and jealousy are not condusive to the success of a relationship and can actually damage both partners. The cool twist is that even though those novels are meant to take place in reality, a book of fiction like A Court of Mist and Fury is able to reveal the truth of such a situation.

WinterRose Le wrote: "Topic of Discussion:

In the end of the book of ACOMAF, it's written that Tamlin is wearing a bandolier of knives---an Illyrian bandolier.

Illyrian weapons.... on Tamlin.......

Why???????????"

I thought it said they were weapons meant to KILL Illyrians? Like specifically designed for killing them.

Rhys did say he taught Tamlin some Illyrian techniques, and I could see him giving him a weapon, but not a weapon that was designed to kill his own people.

message 20: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I love how this book touches on depression and PTSD and how you can sit in an abusive relationship that makes you think everything is right and true! I cannot gush enough about how much I love this book but I need that third one NOW. GET SOME FEYRE. YOU GO LADY.

Fatimah Tamlin was such an IDIOT. I was truly blinded by his personality in the first book. Maybe he was always like that but it just took Feyre leaving the Spring Court to make him show his true colors. I felt so sad to leave Tamlin but he was doing too much. Team Feysand! ♥♥

message 22: by Solaris (last edited Aug 17, 2016 02:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Solaris I'm having this urge to share my momentary pity feelings for Tamlin. Bear with.

The guy comes from real bad stock: his father was a tyrant. His brothers were despicable. He's been so cowed by them that he never stood up to them even--never found that strength in himself. And he was even so afraid of them to the point of betraying a true friend and being party to the murder of said friend's innocent family. His mother was a whipped cur. Not much of a happy childhood. Sad sad sad.

He seems quite tepid-to-cool in popularity throughout Prythian--his own people critical and fickle of his "half-beast rabid soldier-boy reign". (a statement he made about himself when talking to Feyre in acotar).

He's kind of a flat, rigid personality. He just can't get it right with girls. He was so poorly raised and influenced that he thinks it's OK to bite girls and then turn around and blame them for provoking him.

He chose cowardly behavior (feigning indifference Under the Mountain instead of fighting for your lady love? Really Tamlin?).

Also rather cowardly to ignore someone who's retching every night. It proves that he's helpless and incapable/willing to try to help his lady love, and/or ignores it because he doesn't know how to help, except to buy her things. But she just keeps throwing up all those things every night anyway, so all the gift-giving isn't really working, Tam.

He doesn't know how to have a relationship with a woman.
--Other than to control her, and shape her into what he wants. Appearances matter much to you Tam? A bit insecure are we? You should have accepted her the way she was. Thus you lost the love and respect of said lady love. And, said lady love turns out NOT to be HIS lady love, but turns into someone else's lady love AND is someone else's pre-destined mate.
That or it's a quick, magical wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type thing with total strangers, and that's just not really a relationship, Tamlin, no matter what the White Stag tells you.

He's a poor judge of character that he relies on the advice *cough* manipulations *cough* of wise and holy High Pritestesses. He just can't seem to get it right with friendship either: Ianthe proves herself a fake friend; he abuses and dismisses the advice and friendship of Lucien, when dude, you could use a real friend who's considered to be on the brainier side when it comes High Fae...

He has no communication skills except to control everyone else and if they argue with him he throws a violent fit, locks them up (Feyre), or attacks them (Lucien).

He hates his job (I can identify. Who wants to push paper when fiddling around is so much more fun?). He has a huge responsibility, especially being in charge of immortals who have nothing but time and power, and who, with all that time, are easily bored and constantly stir shit up and challenge authority with all that power and plotting just to keep themselves entertained.

Again he makes poor choices allying with a volatile, unpredictable, obviously dishonorable and disloyal psychopath (King of Hybern) who wants to take over the world, take over Prythian, and use Tamlin's [former] lady love for his own power designs.

The guy just can't get it right. I feel sorry for him. ...just a little bit.

message 23: by Samantha (last edited Aug 24, 2016 11:44PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Samantha (view spoiler)

Serena Grey Samantha wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

I agree with you. I feel like the author went all out to demonize Tamlin just so Feyre could feel better about choosing Rhys. Tamlin wasn't perfect in Book 1, but writing him as such a weak villain in Book 2 left a bad taste in my mouth.

Stephanie -BooksLessTravelled I expected something. From the start I loved Lucien but couldn't stand Tamlin. While I didn't realize how stupid he was, I did feel he was a control freak. Plus after loosing Feyre once, he has PTSD or something similar, but is handling it terribly! Rhysand and Feyre also suffer, but are much more selfless and were able to deal with it for friends/family, while Tamlin closed himself off and pushed everyone away. I think even Lucien is suffering, but as he was already scarred from loosing his lover, he was kind of just a shell to begin with.

message 26: by Samantha (last edited Oct 05, 2016 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Samantha I'm sorry they were so much more selfless? Seriously? First, Feyre could have talked to Tarquin about the book (by the way did anyone else realize that name is Tamlin just minus the ml and sub in rq) Second, I mean why didn't they go to the other courts and try to warn them and don't get me even started on the fact that Rhysan literally had nothing and everything to lose because the whole court, his real court was shielded. Is that really selfless why not open up the court to members of other courts? Hummm? That would be kind of selfless. I mean Tamlin had to think of his people from the start so I mean there have to be casualties and a few bad choices thrown in there.
I just I so thoroughly had problems with this book that I am just not the best person to talk to about this.
I just posted because someone had to stick up for Tamlin and all the people bashing him is just... Not ok to me. I hope he gets redeemed and I mean of course Feyre and Rhysand are selfless (It is only told from their perspective) What would have happened had we had Tamlin's perspective I bet he was going through some shit. Like how do I serve my people and help Feyre and also she never said "No" during sex so the scenes being rapey is a little bit pushing it. You have to say "No" if you are thinking it in your head it doesn't count the other person can't read your mind like Tamlin.
And as to Rhysand being able to read Feyre's mind I mean of course, he's going to come save her he's the one that can hear her thoughts. What would have happened had Tamlin been able to hear her thoughts? Would shit have gone down the same way?

message 27: by Solaris (last edited Oct 05, 2016 03:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Solaris aaaaaaaand here we go....
weak villain....
weak, yes. broken by what happened Under the Moutain and making poor decisions because of it. Weak yes, and fearful because he is weaker than Rhys and he's afraid of Rhys.

And Tamlin did think of his court: Feyre was the means to an end-- getting his power back to protect his court.

and people can still piss you off and you can still be really hurt by what someone else does to you even if they're not a bad person. Someone can still be plenty good, but their choices--whether ultimately bad or good--can still affect you for the worse and violate one's personal sense of boundaries. Feyre still believed Tamlin was good, but just wrong for her. Same as she believed Rhys was bad, but winded up being proven otheriwise and learning the complete opposite about him.

ACOMAF did not give me the impression that Tamlin is the evil villain. Just wrong and his decisions don't line up with Feyre anymore. That's what the whole damn book was about. The ending is what writers do to give us readers a sensation. It's called entertainment.

Tamlin is not the villain. Just the wrong guy that took away Feyre's free will and locked her in and left her alone. Not a villain at all. But definitely a poor choice-maker due to weakness and fear. The choices he made that would forever change any sane person's relationship with him. Feyre was just less a whipped cur than Lucien and chose to stay away once she was away.

Also SJM has confirmed that she is layering Tamlin and not making him a cardboard cutout of evil. He has his own journey to make, as she said. So that's what I'm expecting from Book #3. And that journey will include him realizing that he and Feyre as a couple is at an end.

Samantha Yeah he's gonna go on his own journey. His own journey to being alone. This is why I hate love triangles. I'm never going to agree with you about Rhysand and Feyre because I want Feyre to be with Tamlin.
Call me crazy, fucked up I don't care. I still like those two together and I mean it's kind of a messed up way to go with the general public's opinion.
I can't wait until a couple years from now when people will see both sides.
Did I sense some sarcasm in your reply Le? I think so.
Of course he has a weakness he's not the high lord it just bugs me that the two most powerful people have to be together. And answer me this why couldn't Rhysand have ended up with Neesta. (Someone should write fan fiction on that).
And I mean Tamlin didn't even stand a chance which pisses me off to no end.

Overall, I'm not going to change my mind on Rhysand and Tamlin giving up on Feyre. I kind of don't want him to do it. Just be the friggin' bad guy.

message 29: by Solaris (last edited Nov 08, 2016 03:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Solaris Yes. That was sarcastic of me.
The thread is called, "I hate Tamlin!"
An "I love Tamlin" thread might work better for your views.

Good luck.

Magdalena Tamlin bought Feyre clothes she did not wanted. He never asked her if she wanted them. She hated the dresses. He did not give her any Money of her own. (Rhys did!) Tamlin never asked about her birthday. My husband would not get away with that! I love my cat but it is a pet.