Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Books with protagonist who is a queen

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Bynum (slbynum) I'm really obsessed with the show Game of Thrones and it got me thinking, what are some YA books out there where the protagonist is queen of something? I know there are a lot of princess main characters out there, but on Game of Thrones, even a young girl or boy can become queen or king if their father dies.

So anyone know any YA books where the main character rules over a land as queen? Or maybe the protagonist is on a quest to become queen?

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (aseriesofpages) | 29 comments The Shadow Queen.

message 4: by Tristen (new)

Tristen (bo0kenthusiast) | 577 comments Kelsea from The Queen of the Tearling

The Mad Hatter ~I'd rather have my kingdom fall than lose you to hatred's call~ (darkhatter) | 38 comments I agree with Nicole. Throne of Glass is one.

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) | 216 comments The Young Elites by Marie Lu! Adelina's original goal wasn't to become queen, but when it served her purpose she fought hard to claim the title! The final installment comes out this year and I am stoked!

message 7: by Yuki (last edited Jul 05, 2016 02:40PM) (new)

Yuki | 783 comments The Seven Realms series, it takes the perspective of the two love interests and the main female character is a princess who becomes queen. The Selection series is another one where a girl goes into a contest in order to become the wife of the nations prince who becomes king.

message 8: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Bynum (slbynum) Lots of great suggestions guys. Can't wait to get reading. Thanks!

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 254 comments The the Selection kinda