Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > August Group Header Contest

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments Hello all you happy readers! If you've been around a bit now, you may have noticed that the header changes month to month. You also may have noticed it hasn't changed yet for July. That's because this mod was really soaking in the holiday weekend. But I'll be updating it shortly!

This is your group too and now's your chance to make your mark on it. So get those creative juices flowing and help us create a new header for the group! Submit your own design for the group to vote on - the winning header will be displayed for the month of August.

Contest Rules:
1. All submissions must be in by July 22nd. You may reply to this topic with your submission (just upload it to any image hosting site like imgur.com and post the link or the image itself) to submit your entry.

2. Submissions should be 970 x 245 pixels in size. JPG is the preferred format.

3. One submission per person, please.

4. You don't have to stick with the type of things we've done in the past - you're welcome to be as creative as you like! The only restriction, and this should really go without saying, is that it not include anything obviously offensive. Keep in mind we have members from all over the world and from all different age groups.

5. Voting will be opened (via poll) on July 23rd to all members of the group and will end on July 31st. Voting will be confidential.

Any questions, feel free to ask! As always ... have fun!

message 2: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 3277 comments For September if you are still looking for headers:

message 3: by °~Amy~° (new)

°~Amy~° (amybooksit) | 3277 comments A slightly different version that I like better (I think). Unless you hate it, then I hate it too! lol

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2847 comments I really like it Amy, but maybe it would be better suited for October, so we can imagine Summer will continue throughout September ;)

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments Very nice.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Amy, I LOVE it!!!

message 7: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3468 comments Sophie wrote: "I really like it Amy, but maybe it would be better suited for October, so we can imagine Summer will continue throughout September ;)"

I'm so with you! I'm desperately hoping that our beautiful weather continues for at least another month here.

message 8: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) | 2847 comments Especially when you consider greyer than grey autumn in Switzerland ;) Do you also get a lot of fog where you live?

message 9: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3468 comments Yeah, November, December, January can be pretty bleak here. The fog is terrible in Zug though, so I'm glad we didn't choose to live there!

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 1112 comments This seems the best place to say this- for some reason I am so in love with the September banner! I am in denial about fall, since winter follows and I have just returned to Nasty Winter Land, but this banner makes me so happy! Bravo to the designer!

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments Aww, you are too kind. I left the summer one up a little while longer but fall is my favorite season and, I admit, I was excited to change the banner to something fall-ish. In line with our spooky BOTM (and Halloween), I'm working on something spooky for October.

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2362 comments PS. I love the October banner, Emm. September was also amazing. I so love fall.

message 13: by Michelle (last edited Oct 17, 2016 10:07AM) (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments Thank you! Me too! It's my favorite time of year (don't kill me you summer lovers!). Doing the banners is one of my favorite things to do! :D

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2362 comments What program do you use to make them?

message 15: by Michelle (last edited Oct 17, 2016 10:21AM) (new)

Michelle (girlvsbook) | 1177 comments Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop are the programs I use. And then I'm kind of a font junkie so I have a stockpile of fonts that I try to match with the theme of the banner. It's fun!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.