Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > TBR (to be read) List

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan This may seem like a silly question, but how does everyone choose books for their to be read list?

I have quite a few on my list here on Goodreads and several more that haven't made it to a list yet. Since I'm such a huge book worm, it seems like there are just too many books I would like to read, and probably won't even be able to read them all.

When I read a book by one of my favorite authors, I end up wanting to read all of the other books by that author.

And then there are some books on my list from authors that I'm less familiar with. Now, I want to read all of these authors' books.

Unless they look very interesting, I usually avoid books in a series. There are just too many other books that I want to read to be able to read three or four (or more) in a series. The Harry Potter series was an exception. Those were great.

So, tell me....

How does everyone choose books for their TBR list? Give me ideas. I need to shorten my list a little.

Happy 4th of July! * *

message 2: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 47 comments LOL! I usually go through and pick and choose the ones I absolutely have to read right away (yeah, I devised a scale of how bad I have to read them, lol!) and then, I load these books onto my tablet. After that, it's pretty much a case of eenee-meenee-mynee-mo to pick out which gets read first *grin*

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Zee wrote: "LOL! I usually go through and pick and choose the ones I absolutely have to read right away (yeah, I devised a scale of how bad I have to read them, lol!) and then, I load these books onto my table..."

Haha. I love this! I also have a hard time deciding what book to read next. I'm always in the mood for a good 'beach read'. And who doesn't love a good mystery? It's always hard to decide.

Do you like to read hard copies too, or mostly on your tablet?

message 4: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 47 comments I read just on my tablet now, sometimes my phone as I have the Kindle app on there. Find I read on paper so slowly now, I stopped 'bothering' with paper and use my screen all the time now :)

But yeah, I usually have a good balance in what I upload to the tablet. There will be one or two chick-lits, some romantic comedies, a good deal of non-fiction, and the occasional thriller or mystery to shake things up a bit. I usually find I will binge on rom coms for a while, then get fed up, so I might then move to non-fiction to sorta cleanse the reading palate, then go to another genre, and so on.