{Bend The Light ~ Control The Dark} An Original RPG discussion

Castle > Library

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Books, books, and more books!

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 175 comments Mod
((oooohh I like it!))

Brinley followed Dysentria into the library This is great! There's a lot of books here... I guess a 'royal library' would have a lot of books. This means they might have books on Light Air magic. Wait... was he aloud to use the castles books, since he was a mage, did that give him a right to use them? He stood in awe of the library, Brinley loved books this was like a dream to him, he hadn't had many books at his home.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys walked into the library with Briney. "That's a lot of books..." She mumbled, her eyes running over all the shelves. She was a fan of reading, and had plenty of books at home, but not nearly this many. "Where do we even start?" She asked, looking up at Brinley. Literally, up. She was small enough that she had to crane her neck slightly to be able to look at his face.

~Streamlily~For those determined to fly, having no wings is just a little detail~ (streamlily) | 175 comments Mod
Brinley bit his lip as he looked at all of the books, he scanned the room, there were even chairs to sit and read! He looked at Dys "At 'A'" He said in response to her question. He was still amazed by the vast selection of boo- wait, wait a second... Dysentria has amazing eyes, whoah look at those eyes. Brinley was enraptured in Dys' eyes, he didn't really understand why though.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys sighed as she looked back at the shelves, not noticing Brinley's sudden fascination with her eyes. "So what? We just go through the whole library?" She asked, "Yeah, not gonna happen. Why don't we start at M? Y'know, M for magic?"

"Y-yeah, that should work." Brinley murmured and walked up to the closest books, he traced his fingers over them as he followed along, looking for the letter M. It might be on the second floor, Brinley looked up at the second floor and found a ladder to climb up. "I'll look up here." He called over his shoulder and climbed up the ladder swiftly. "Right, M.... M...." He muttered under his breath.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys watched Brinley climb up the ladder with a slight smile, something about that was just hot... She shook her head and looked through the shelves, searching for something to help. "Here," she called up to Brinley, "Magic, a brief history and description." It wasn't a very big book, which discouraged Dys, but she cracked it open nonetheless.

message 8: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 517 comments Mod
((Can't wait to see the rest...they're so cute :D))

Brinley leaned over the railing of the top floor to look down at Dysentria, she was holding a book in her hands, he slid down the ladder without touching his feet to the steps. Brinley walked over and looked at the book in her hands, maybe there would be more books on magic around..... He glanced at the shelf next to them.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys flipped through the book, but frowned when she got to the section on mind magic. "Well that's just great," she muttered, "This doesn't help me..." She sighed a shut the book with a snap, then handed it to Brinley, "Maybe you can make something of what's in there," she said.

((I'm too lazy to actually put anything about what it said, so just assume it said about the same thing about mind magic as the magic description topic lol))

Brinley grabbed the book and looked through it, he read through the earth section quickly but took more time on the light and dark magics and their history. He was intrigued, he closed the book, he would read it later. "So why did you decide to ditch the oh-so-great Life Mage?" He muttered under his breath as he scanned the shelf for another interesting book.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys hesitated before replying, looking at the shelves in order to avoid looking Brinley in the eye. "Truth be told," she mumbled, "I'm tired of living in his shadow." She glanced at Brinley for a moment before looking back at the books. "He's always been my parents' favorite. The spectacular eldest son and future general, or so they thought" she continued bitterly, "They were so excited when he was chosen for light magic, then of course he just had to be picked by Life magic. They barely even acknowledged me when I was chosen." She shook her head and snorted softly, "And yet even with all the crap I've had to go through because he's so fantastic in their eyes, I still go to him whenever I'm upset. I don't know why. But I want to change that. I don't want to run to him anymore."

"That's...... not cool...." Brinley murmured, trying to stay cool, "Why don't you run to someone else....." He mentioned as he played with the pages of the book in his hands. A yellow book caught his eye "Air Magic and You" he fought the urge to pick it up, this was a special moment, someone actually trusted him with their secret.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 17, 2016 06:12PM) (new)

Dys shook her head and looked down. "I dunno," she said, "He's just always there. Even with everything he's always doing, all his responsibilities, he always makes time for his little sister when I need him." She laughed softly, though there wasn't really anything she found amusing. "Even if I resent him for being our parents' favorite, I can't hate him because he's always treated me so well despite everything going on at home..."

"Well.... ughhh..." Brinley racked his brain for the words, "You could talk to me.." That sounded so stupid Brinley! You sound like a lost puppy! Stop being so easy, you're not nice you're sarcastic. Do you really care about her? How stupid you said you wouldn't get attached to anyone!

((Ignore his negativity))

message 16: by Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~, Streamlily is head mod #2. I am assistant mod ;D (new)

Kendra G. ツ ~There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for~ (12kendrag) | 517 comments Mod
((Aw, Brinley. Btw, just a little hello to you Streamlily, as I haven't formally met you. :)
*waves to Libra too*
Ok I shall shush now))

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys raised a brow, then smiled slightly at the face he made when he said that. "Okay," she said quietly, "I'd like that." It'd be a nice change from only having Alec to talk to. He got kind of boring at times anyway because he was always talking about his training. "So tell me about yourself, Brinley," she said, "You know my deep dark secrets, sort of anyway. So what're yours?"

"Well don't consider me a friend now." Brinley gave a smug smirk and sighed as he read the book titles on the shelf
"I've got daddy issues." He chuckled awkwardly, he wanted to leave it at that, Brinley didn't like opening up to people. "I don't want to be here, but it's nice being away from him..." He muttered as he turned away from Dysentria to let the fire rage in his eyes, he traced his finger along the book sleeves.

((Hi Kendra!! It's nice to formally meet you! :) I'm Streamlily XD ))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Dys cocked her head to the side. "What a coincidence," she muttered, laughing rather bitterly. She frowned when he turned away. "Hey, it's okay," she said awkwardly, not sure exactly how to comfort him. "I've got daddy issues too. My dad's a jerk and literally just wanted to marry me off and get rid of me as soon as he could, so I understand."

Brinley smiled bitterly "Thanks." He nearly hissed, but not at Dysentria, he looked to her "I'm sorry about that. Some men don't treat women right anymore, it's a shame really." he stated a general fact, but he wanted to be the man to be looked highly upon, he wanted to be different, he wanted to treat everyone the way they should be treated; that was only fair, right?

{Bend The Light ~ Control The Dark} An Original...

unread topics | mark unread