Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > Can you please add my book to my page?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paulo (new)

Paulo Ribeiro | 15 comments Hi Ashley!

I was able to change your name on the books you've mentioned, but I can't add them to your Goodreads user page. I recommend that you go to the author's page and claim that it is your profile. There is a link on the bottom for that: "Is it you? Let us now".

message 2: by Paulo (new)

Paulo Ribeiro | 15 comments Also, can you post the link to the Amazon page of Hooked's new edition? I couldn't find it on our data, so to add a new edition we would simply have to go to the book's existing page and click on "add a new edition". You can do it yourself, there's no need for a librarian status to do so. But, if you prefer, you can send me the link and I'll add it for you! :)

message 3: by lethe (last edited Jul 04, 2016 03:17PM) (new)

lethe | 14557 comments Changed the name back to Ashley Valentine, because that is the name appearing on the cover.

The name a book was first published under should always be the primary author. Later editions can have the new name as secondary author.

message 4: by Paulo (new)

Paulo Ribeiro | 15 comments Ashley, I removed "Hooked" from the other Ashley Valentine page. Please claim, once again, the new page (you will be able to access it clicking on your name on the Hooked's page). If there are any other of your books on her page, just let me know.

message 5: by Paulo (new)

Paulo Ribeiro | 15 comments Now, regarding the change from Ashley Valentine to Ashley V., I copy and paste a paragraph of the Goodread's Librarian Manual:

"In some cases, a book may be originally published under a pen name, but then later reissued under the author's original name. When this happens, the author listed for any and all editions should be the author name the book was originally published under - so the reissued edition would need its primary author name changed to the originally published pen name, with the additional name added as secondary for all editions with it on the cover. Doing this will allow the various editions to be combined. "

Therefore, I will add the new edition, but the primary author will need to continue as "Ashley Valentine" and "Ashley V" will be a secondary name. :/