The Rainbow Rowell Fan Group discussion

What to read next??

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 7 comments Help! What do you do when you're on a Rainbow Rowell kick and you've run out of books? I need something to read but I just end up browsing shelves dismally and all of the books seem so unappealing because they aren't by Rainbow Rowell. Suggestions??

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Chauvin | 5 comments Try John Green.

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Chauvin | 5 comments Also, if you haven't already read it, this is wonderful: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 4: by Erin Lynn (new)

Erin Lynn | 15 comments Oh man. Anything that reminds me of Gilmore Girls cures my Rainbow Rowell blues.

message 5: by Ladyseraph14 (new)

Ladyseraph14 You might enjoy Sarah Dessen books: What Happened to Goodbye, Along for the Ride, Lock and Key, or Saint Anything for example. These kind of have the coming of age/hardship of teens thing that Fangirl had. I also like Where'd You Go Bernadette? by Maria Semple which kind of has the slice of life and self discovery and redemption aspect of Landline. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and Made You Up by Franchesca Zappia are options as well.

Maybe you want something in a different realm from her books in which case I highly recommend anything written by Leigh Bardugo or the Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski which have love stories but also fantasy and grit to the story line.

Basically, the simple truth is that there isn't really a substitute for a Rainbow Rowell novel. You kind of have to come to accept that if you want to enjoy the next thing you read.

message 6: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 7 comments I've been through most John Green books. Haven't tried Sarah Dessen yet. Thanks for the suggestions!

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Beth | 5 comments If you like Rainbow Rowell you might also like Gayle Forman & Stephanie Perkins.

message 8: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 7 comments Thanks, I'll look them up!

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary Beth | 5 comments I just finished the most amazing book - The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. If you are a Rainbow Rowell fan, you will treasure these characters & this incredibly moving story.

message 10: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 7 comments Thanks!

message 11: by Barb (new)

Barb | 1 comments Nicola Yoon has two great novels. I recommend both of them! (While waiting for another Rainbow Rowell book!)

message 12: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 7 comments Barb wrote: "Nicola Yoon has two great novels. I recommend both of them! (While waiting for another Rainbow Rowell book!)" Read The Sun is Also a Star recently and just picked up Everything, Everything - looking forward to reading it!

message 13: by Bre (new)

Bre Gauthier (breg) | 1 comments Jenny Han has two great trilogies that are worth a read

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya Torres (accidentalantagonist) | 5 comments Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Then We Came to an End
I'll Give You The Sun
When We Collided

...just to name a few

message 15: by Yzzy (new)

Yzzy (themissingreader) | 4 comments Try Stephanie Perkins!

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary Beth | 5 comments I also recommend Becky Albertalli. You will find yourself feeling very protective of her characters much in the way you do with Rainbow Rowell's characters. Also check out Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley - all the feels.

message 17: by Ana (new)

Ana Sofia (anasofialove) | 2 comments Yzzy wrote: "Try Stephanie Perkins!"
She has amazing books, beautiful places and great characters!