The Top 100 Children's Books on Goodreads discussion

Discussions > Are There Any Books From the Top 100 List That You Read and Didn't Like?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hufsa (new)

Hufsa | 154 comments Mod
So far, I like all of the books I have read from the Top 100 List. Currently, I am reading The Graveyard Book, and I can't say that I love it. I haven't finished it yet, so I may change my mind later :)

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Caldon (jase3gt) | 70 comments We read some of Bone last week and we haven't been too crazy about it either. I thought El Deafo was a good story but dragged on a little. My daughter loved it though.

message 3: by Hufsa (new)

Hufsa | 154 comments Mod
Jason wrote: "We read some of Bone last week and we haven't been too crazy about it either. I thought El Deafo was a good story but dragged on a little. My daughter loved it though."

Yeah, I know I am not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but after looking at the book cover for Bone, I have decided that it is one of the books on the Top 100 List that I am not too excited to read.

message 4: by slauderdale (new)

slauderdale | 40 comments I Love to Read! wrote: "Jason wrote: "We read some of Bone last week and we haven't been too crazy about it either. I thought El Deafo was a good story but dragged on a little. My daughter loved it though."

Yeah, I know ..."

"Out from Boneville" (the book listed in "Top 100 Children's Books") does not function as a standalone the way the first books in some other series do: say, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," "A Wrinkle In Time," "The Wizard of Oz," etc.

That said, I adore Bone - it's a great all ages series and may safely be called a modern classic. I fell in love with the original black and white; in recent years it has been released in color.

message 5: by Hufsa (new)

Hufsa | 154 comments Mod
slauderdale wrote: "I Love to Read! wrote: "Jason wrote: "We read some of Bone last week and we haven't been too crazy about it either. I thought El Deafo was a good story but dragged on a little. My daughter loved it..."

Just goes to say, I should read the book before deciding how I like it :)

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Caldon (jase3gt) | 70 comments We've only read a little of it too, so maybe we'll get more into it as we read it.