HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

ROMANCE BOOKS BY THEMES > Starting Over / Moving To Another Place / Taking On A New Identity 

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1194 comments Mod
Hello everyone, please let's discuss those Romance books that are based on the theme: 

"Starting Over / Moving To Another Place / Taking On A New Identity

Thanks...! :-)  

message 2: by Ramla Zareen (new)

One Contemporary Romantic Suspense book that I read and that seems to match this theme is:

The Witness The Witness by Nora Roberts by Nora Roberts.

My Rating: 4 STARS= Very Good= Enjoyable= I liked it very much...!

Since I usually prefer my Mysteries cozy and my Romances cute, so I am not very much into Suspense and Thrillers. However, I really liked this book and especially enjoyed the romantic development and the various interactions between the main characters :-) 

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Jewels of the Sun
This is a contemporary romance in which the lead character gives up her successful but uninspiring job in Chicago to start over in Ireland. She always followed the path others set out for her but she wasn't happy. The supernatural elements in the story didn't appeal to me, but Nora Roberts created a great romance where the heroine finds real love when she finds herself.

message 4: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Recently came across some Contemporary Romantic Suspense books by Karen Rose in the library and picked them up almost on an impulse ...and though this is not a genre that I usually indulge in but I admit that I found the books unexpectedly enjoyable, enough to rapidly read them one after the other :-)

Anyway, one of the books: Don't Tell Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1; Chicago, #1) by Karen Rose ...seems to match this theme.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments ooohh! This sounds interesting! Definitely going on the "To Read" list

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Looking through my "read" list I found a couple more that fit this theme: Dance Upon Air by Nora Roberts and Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr. Both of these are about women who escape abusive husbands & end up in idyllic towns where the men are kind and strong and good :)

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Just finished Life After Perfect by Nancy Naigle--doesn't exactly fit this theme, but heroine leaves cheating husband and starts new life in another city (doesn't change identity, tho). Pretty good but not as good as Jewels of the Sun or The Witness by N. Roberts.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Another one that fits this description: Running Scared by Lisa Jackson. Also the Jane Whitefield series by Thomas Perry.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Just finished Hiding in Park City by Raeanne Thayne. It's about a woman who flees Philadelphia with her 2 daughters to escape the possibility that her daughters will be kidnapped by her inlaws. She ends up living in Park City, Utah right next to a FBI agent. I liked this one a lot and it definitely fits the theme.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Thank you for these suggestions, C. Can't wait to check them out!

message 12: by C. (new)

C. | 45 comments You are most welcome, Kate. Happy Reading :D

message 13: by Kate (last edited May 05, 2019 10:53AM) (new)

Kate R | 11 comments Came across another one in this theme: Running Wild: The Men from Battle Ridge; a collaborative effort by Linda Howard & Linda Jones. It was only published in 2012, but the very traditional gender roles described gave me the impression this book was published 20+ yrs ago. Despite this, the heroine shows herself to be independent and tough. I enjoyed the story of a woman running from a stalker and ending up in Wyoming living with cattle rancher, Zeke. Any stalker wanting to come after her there better think twice!

message 14: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone :-)