Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Please add number of pages

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) | 378 comments The Dutch hardcover Wij zijn allemaal moleculen has 273 pages, can someone please add this?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26557 comments Done

message 3: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments WorldCat says 271 pages; can you confirm what the extra two pages contain? (Assuming you have a copy in hand.)

message 4: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) | 378 comments @Codex I have 271 numbered pages but two blank pages after that, so the book contains 273 pages, so that's that.

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments ~ Odette wrote: "@Codex I have 271 numbered pages but two blank pages after that, so the book contains 273 pages, so that's that."

GR doesn’t count blank pages; so setting page count to 271.

message 6: by Bea (new)

Bea ~Odette, blank pages are not counted.

message 7: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) | 378 comments Thanks for the explanation!

The Dutch edition Niets doesn;t have page numbers as well. I have a copy in my hand. The numbered pages are 309, but on the last, notnumbered page, there are a couple of last words from the index. I don't know of you guys want to add 309 or 310, but I'd like to have pagenumbers anyhow :P

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments #7 Added 310 as page count. If you are interested, this is the section in librarian manual for number of pages :)

Also added publication date, publisher, subtitle, translator and ISBN13 from cover/Amazon/Worldcat.

message 9: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3400 comments Page count set to 310 (by another librarian—thanks Michael). WorldCat says 309 pages (going by what’s actually numbered), but those last words from the index count, so 310 it is.