Reader with a Cause discussion

General > Can you make a suggestion?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Corrie (new)

Corrie (cineastebettie) | 1 comments Hello! I am Corrie and I just joined the group. I started a feminist book club at the beginning of the year and I am looking for a good book to suggest to our group for October as it is Domestic Violence awareness month. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Katelin (new)

Katelin Maloney | 2 comments Hello, while I hate to plug my own book, I've written a novel called Drowning that deals with a woman in a domestic violence marriage. It might be perfect for your group. Drowning is very realistic and is raising awareness to the complicated issues of domestic violence. It has received great reviews and was endorsed by Denise Brown. Please feel free to check out my website, www.katelinmaloney.com. I advocate for victims of domestic violence and present at various groups and organizations. Have a great day.

message 3: by NNEDV (last edited Jul 06, 2016 02:49PM) (new)

NNEDV | 160 comments Mod
Corrie wrote: "Hello! I am Corrie and I just joined the group. I started a feminist book club at the beginning of the year and I am looking for a good book to suggest to our group for October as it is Domestic Vi..."

Welcome, Corrie! Any book on our RWAC shelf could work - are you looking for one that particularly addresses domestic violence? If you're looking for a fiction choice that fits that criteria, The Girl on the Train is a popular choice (and there will be a movie version coming out soon starring Emily Blunt).