FoCo Readers discussion

Book Club > A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Based on the feedback I received, it looks like Wednesday evenings are still the best option for the most people. As such, our discussion for A Field Guide to Getting Lost will be August 3rd at 7:30pm at the Publick House. We can always reassess the day of the week again for future discussions.

Copies of the book have started to arrive at the store. If you would like a copy and haven't already had me hold one for you, just let me know. They are $11.50 plus tax.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Johnson | 10 comments Hi Evan,

I would like s copy of the Solnet book.

Thanks,
Carol

message 3: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments OK, great! I'll hang on to one for you. Thanks, Carol!

message 4: by Danny (new)

Danny Hesser | 21 comments Mod
one for me please, thx Evan!

message 5: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Sure thing, Danny! It should be here later this week.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane | 49 comments I will be out of town for this meeting , but want to read the book!

message 7: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Carrie wrote: "I love this book and am going to try to make the discussion!"

Awesome! We'd love to have you join us, Carrie.

message 8: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Jane wrote: "I will be out of town for this meeting , but want to read the book!"

Bummer! Sorry you won't be able to join us. If you plan to read it anyway, let me know if you'd like me to hold a copy for you. Thanks!

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane | 49 comments I am listening to an audiobook of this--read by Solnit! I have to rewind almost every paragraph and listen again, they are all sooooo gooood.

message 10: by Evan (new)

Evan | 118 comments Awesome! I find myself doing the same while reading; I go back and reread sentences and phrases two or three times. Her language is so rich.