Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Beta Swap for Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Celticdreams05 (new)

Celticdreams05 | 8 comments I would be happy to do a swap! Mine is a YA fantasy. If you would like to see my synopsis and/or swap initial chapters to see if we are compatible, feel free to send me a message.

message 2: by Palmfire (new)

Palmfire | 30 comments I'd also be interested in a swap. My book is more of a science fiction novel, but I think it contains the same elements of that as a fantasy, just with less world building. I'd be happy to include a synopsis here:

It had been five years since the third world war had started. Four billion had died due to nuclear attacks, Homefront battles, and in the race to ultimate power: time. For, whoever controlled time, was to control the whole world. Useless wars were raged, useful lives were spent, like quarters at an arcade. The world was thrown into utter chaos. S.E.R.N had seized the first time machine, but had no idea how to fully work it. The U.S stole it and learned how to use it in time. The government created Amadeus, code name for a training program meant entirely for people who had nothing left, or wanted to give up their lives for the sake of science. Human experimentation was legalized. People signed up left and right to become the “savior” of the broKane world. This person would endure Five years of training to be selected out of a group to become the “observer” and would go back in time to stop S.E.R.N. from seizing the first time machine. What the public didn’t know was what the U.S planned to do with their newfound power…

This is just the first paragraph that sets up the premise of the story, but much of the elements of the story's plot change after part one. (The story is separated into five parts)

The book itself is only around 60k words, and is also my first novel, so I'm trying to get as much input as possible.

message 3: by Palmfire (new)

Palmfire | 30 comments Oh, if you are interested, send me a message too!