Drop Everything And Read discussion

A Wrinkle in Time (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet, #1)
This topic is about A Wrinkle in Time
Read > A Wrinkle in Time

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 1 star

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
What are your thoughts about this book?

message 2: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 1 star

message 3: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 1 star

I'm starting this now.

Olivia Plasencia (face_behind_the_camera) | 3 comments It's one of my favorite books! I still reread it even though I am an adult and first read it over 15 years ago. There a few more books that follow after this one. None are as good but they are nice reads and get more into the Murray Family. Enjoy!

message 5: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 1 star

I didn't really enjoy this much. I expected better.

message 6: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Bryson (_cat_) | 6 comments I am finding it to be a slow read for me personally.

Katie Foth I loved this book the first time I read it (as an adult in the 1980s). I think this is at least the second time I've re-read A WRINKLE IN TIME, and I still marvel at Madeleine L'Engle's brilliance. She put a fresh, new spin on science fiction and fantasy for children and on the cliché "it was a dark and stormy night."

message 8: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Lynch (cllynchauthor) | 9 comments This was a favourite of mine growing up. As an adult, it makes me wish Meg weren't so helpless. But then that's part of her journey - learning to own her faults and accept herself as she is. I was in love with Calvin growing up and I've always wanted a little brother like Charles Wallace.

L'Engle's books are a little too black and white, good vs evil for me now, but their message is strong - that good is love, and evil is hatred, and that we can overcome hatred with love.

Mr Brightside This was the only book I've ever hated. I didn't get it and it just wasn't my thing at all.