The Books With Looks 📚 discussion

Book Of The Month > BOTM July 2016: Map of Time by Félix J. Palma

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments Hello fellow readers, our Book of the Month for July is The Map of Time (Trilogía Victoriana, #1) by Félix J. Palma so I hope you'll join that the discussion and have fun while time travelling

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1425 comments Probably won't, got loads to read and this is part of a series.

message 3: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments I started it but I didn't have much time to read yet.

Jason, I have the second one at home and as far as I can tell they are more companion books than a real series

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments Ordered this book from my library so am just waiting for it to come in.

message 5: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments I'm about 150 pages in and the time travel in this is quite unique. I do however have a hard time connecting to the characters and hope that'll change

message 6: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments Oh, are you getting married or just helping someone?

message 7: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments So, while the first book was trashy but fun the second one so far is unfortunately pretty boring

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments I'm still waiting for my library to get this book in for me so it's going to have to be an August read for me.

message 9: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments I did like some of the twists and that the writing really was kind of like an adventure novel from the 19th century. It was enjoyable though kinda like literary fast food lol

message 10: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments Stopped wird the second book. While the first one was trashy, yet entertaining the second one is just trashy and most of all very boring.

message 11: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments Is it really that hyped? To be honest, I only found it by accident on a sales table and never heard of it before. The premise sounded crazy so I got it, I didn't even know it was a series at the time

message 12: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments That kinda puzzles me. The first one was entertaining yes, but far from what I consider a good novel. The characters were flat, it was way too long and most of it underdeveloped

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments I was able to finally start reading this one the other day. Only 25 pages in so not much of an impression so far.

message 14: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments You managed to finish the second one? Wow, congrats I couldn't do that. I stopped somewhere in Part II or so

message 15: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1425 comments haha you are a hero.

message 16: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments She is. I could barley read two pages without yawning.

message 17: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments I didn't even like the first one so kudos to you Ashleigh wading through the second one, you are definitely a hero.

message 18: by Tinka (new)

Tinka | 495 comments Didn't like the way Poe was written either. Or Bram Stoker in the first book for the matter. Wells was at least entertaining.

Oh yeah, all hail the great hero Captain Shackleton and his beautiful name lol