Owls Be Reading discussion

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
This topic is about The Wrath and the Dawn
July '16: The Wrath and The Dawn > Will you read with us?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Olivia-Savannah  (olivia_catastrophe) Will you be reading with us? If that's the case, comment down below!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes I will be reading with everyone! I actually for the first time read this book in the beginning of May, but I loved it so much that I am deciding to actually reread it this month with our whole group. Excited to start discussing about it!

Poonam I will absolutely be reading this one. I am in mid of another book now but I plan to pick this up soon afterwards :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Poonam wrote: "I will absolutely be reading this one. I am in mid of another book now but I plan to pick this up soon afterwards :)"

Yay! That's so great, I hope that you will honestly enjoy it just as I have. I know that I was hesitant to read it because of the great hype that surrounded it, but I honestly think that it will live up. Can't wait to discuss the content with a fellow bookworm like you!

Laura (lanakilah) Nope. I have already read it (recently) and while I loved it and wouldn't mind reading it again, my copy is in Spain out of my reach :/ I'll focus on other TBR books in July.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Nope. I have already read it (recently) and while I loved it and wouldn't mind reading it again, my copy is in Spain out of my reach :/ I'll focus on other TBR books in July."

That's understandable. I mean, if you would like the main discussion thread to be your outlet on your thoughts and feelings, you can still join and chat once everyone who /hasn't/ read it is done. :-) (or spoilers are always another option as well.)

I find it refreshing to participate in buddy reads or book of the month and going in with already having read a book, you can then help answer other member's questions because you've had more time to reflect and you also may be able to articulate your opinion more clearly also because of that.

Olivia-Savannah  (olivia_catastrophe) I'm going to be reading with you! I did read this one recently for the first time and seeing as I really enjoyed it, I did want to join in the discussion and the activities, so I will reread it a bit.

Also, it may be an idea for some people who have already read it to read the sequel, The Rose and The Dagger at this time? Mostly because you'll still be getting the same atmosphere from the book and might be more fun to join in some of the activities while reading that one too.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Unless you, like me finished the complete duology in one weekend because I couldn't stop because it's so addictive. Haha I remember that I almost ran to my bookstore to get it. But if you decide to read the sequel Olivia I'm also up for giving my opinions. :-)

message 9: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lonna | FLYLēF (flylef) | 89 comments Mod
Most definitely...in the form of a re-read. =)

Laura (lanakilah) Marcelina wrote: "Laura wrote: "Nope. I have already read it (recently) and while I loved it and wouldn't mind reading it again, my copy is in Spain out of my reach :/ I'll focus on other TBR books in July."

That's..."

Definitely! I'm up for talking about it and commenting :)

Olivia-Savannah  (olivia_catastrophe) Marcelina wrote: "Unless you, like me finished the complete duology in one weekend because I couldn't stop because it's so addictive. Haha I remember that I almost ran to my bookstore to get it. But if you decide to..."

I would love to but I'm a little short on money and can't buy any new books at the moment D: :( Maybe another time?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I'll be curious to know why Olivia and Lonna both gave it 4 stars, while Marcelina and Laura gave it five. ?

Laura (lanakilah) Well sometimes you just like it a lot but it's not perfect (4 stars) and sometimes you just love it so much that you know it's not perfect but you don't care (5 stars) :P

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Well sometimes you just like it a lot but it's not perfect (4 stars) and sometimes you just love it so much that you know it's not perfect but you don't care (5 stars) :P"

Or maybe 5 stars for me means that it's one of my favorite reads in 2016 :-)

Olivia-Savannah  (olivia_catastrophe) Marcelina wrote: "Laura wrote: "Well sometimes you just like it a lot but it's not perfect (4 stars) and sometimes you just love it so much that you know it's not perfect but you don't care (5 stars) :P"

Or maybe ..."

I gave it four because although I did love it, I couldn't stand Tariq or his plotline haha >.> Maybe this is a discussion for the main discussion thread?