Outlandish Texans Page-Turners discussion

The Scottish Prisoner (07/16) > 7/7/16: Ch. 1-4: Question 6: Who was Nathaniel Twelvetrees? What are thoughts on the rest of Twelvetrees family? How does knowing this info complicate things for LJG and/or Hal?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments Discuss thread topic here... have fun!!!

message 2: by Alina (new)

Alina | 9 comments I can't quite remember but I know one of Twelvetrees sons slept with Hal's first wife. He dueled the man, and then the man died of the wounds from the duel.

Later, one of rhe Twelvetrees sons made a bet that LJG & Hal's father was a Jacobite traitor.

Essentially, there is a famiky feud between the Grays and Twelvetrees families. This feud could cloud judgement.

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Wilbourn (impalagirl22) | 25 comments Mod
Hal's fate of fusion!! He had a duel with Nathaniel. who died. Another one of the brothers tried to ruin LJG career. Yet another brother has been named as dastardly Silverly's assosicate (anybody getting any parallels of BJR here?).....oh. the tangled Web of family fueds DG weaves. Steve Harvey needs to get on this....!!

Alina, are you reading SP with us or just trying to recall from memory? might as well read again!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Pryor | 1 comments Nathaniel "allegedly" seduced Hal's first wife, Esme. In re-reading that paragraph, I get the feeling that Esme may have seduced Nathaniel in order to get Hal to pay more attention to her. She was narcissistic, craved attention, and wanted everyone to consistently tell her how beautiful she was. She was rather put out with Hal paying more attention to his military unit than to her.

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Franzen | 6 comments The twelve trees family are like an onion. Many layers and flavored.

message 6: by Mellissa (new)

Mellissa Hoskin | 30 comments Kathy wrote: "Nathaniel "allegedly" seduced Hal's first wife, Esme. In re-reading that paragraph, I get the feeling that Esme may have seduced Nathaniel in order to get Hal to pay more attention to her. She was ..."
Oh! Tricky insight!

message 7: by Mellissa (new)

Mellissa Hoskin | 30 comments Adding to the suduction of/by Esme. He backed a wager at White's about the Grey's brothers father. At the time Gerard Grey was the Duke and was accused of being a traitor by N Twelvetrees and others.