Outlandish Texans Page-Turners discussion

The Scottish Prisoner (07/16) > 7/7/16: Ch. 1-4: Question 1: What were thoughts on how Ch. 1 ended with Jamie, knowing he was thinking of Claire? And there could have been someone else in there

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments Use this thread to discuss the above topic question... have fun!!

message 2: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 40 comments Well for me any time I read this chapter I always go back to Jamie's words: "Lord, that she might be safe. She and the child."

Claire is the other half of his heart, and he sees himself incomplete w/o her. In this "reality" of time Claire is in 1968 (DIA/Voyager) so 200 yrs separate them. He constantly sees Claire in his mind not just when he dreams but thinks of her maybe while working so he thinks of her & the baby. He sees himself as a "father" as well, even though he can't physically be there.... he's wondering what he/she may look like / worries about them, missing them

message 3: by Alina (new)

Alina | 9 comments The end of that scene was heart-wrenching. I could feel the sadness and pain being released. Once I realized someone else was there, I felt violated on Jamie's behalf, that his grief should be private. I also felt sorry for anyone who has lost a lover to death. This scene gave me a new understanding of what kind of grief those folks face.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Wilbourn (impalagirl22) | 25 comments Mod
Just finished with first chapter. ..WOW! 12 years later...I think...and the thought of Claire is still so vivid for him. So sweet, sad, heartbreaking all in one!

And of course, he's thing about Bree. :(

Such a great, gripping beginning chapter, with plenty of mystery!

message 5: by Mellissa (new)

Mellissa Hoskin | 30 comments I am awe how their love and connection transcends over space and time. She is always right there with him. He chooses to believe she made it and that they both live. I think at times it's the only thing other than William that keeps him going.

What upsetting g situation to wake up in that state, deal with it, and realize someone else might be witness to it. That person should not have been there!

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Franzen | 6 comments Don't forget tho, that the others were in the stall first. They got quite a shock and a show when Jamie interrupted their tryst. Jamie's loneliness is so sad that it twists my heart a little. He is such a good and deserving man.