The Challenge Factory discussion

Dying for Love (Slaughter Creek, #4)
This topic is about Dying for Love
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Trea & Krissy - Slaughter Creek Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5907 comments Mod
Trea & Krissy - Slaughter Creek Series

message 2: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Sep 22, 2016 04:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 3: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
When would you like to read this, Krissy?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm game whenever you are

message 5: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm really in the mood for romantic suspense right now, so I am totally willing to start this today if you are. I have another series buddy read possibly starting tomorrow, but the first book didn't really grab me, so I was already planning on reading another book while reading it.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Today is fine with me

message 7: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Awesome! I'll start the prequel as soon as I finish working on school stuff with my son. I try to beat the summer slump with workbooks every year and we do good so far!

message 8: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

I've got the prequel done! It was very well done! It definitely whetted my appetite for more, and left me with lots of questions! Very interesting beginning!

If you finish the prequel today, want to move straight into Dying to Tell?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Yes go ahead and start book 1. I'm at the kid's salon getting haircuts for the Littles. But I'll have no problem catching up

message 10: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Yes go ahead and start book 1. I'm at the kid's salon getting haircuts for the Littles. But I'll have no problem catching up"

Aww! I just had to do that for my little one! Ok, will start book one in a bit!

message 11: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll probably finish book 1 tonight...I'm at 69% into it. I've got some major pet peeves, so I'll list them under a spoiler, in case you're not as far along.

(view spoiler)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments 34%.... things are getting good

message 13: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Jul 03, 2016 05:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "34%.... things are getting good"

I see GR has you down as finishing them both...what did you think of the prequel and book 1?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'll update later today when I'm not in my phone.

message 15: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "I'll update later today when I'm not in my phone."

Ok!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Okay... my thoughts....

Before She Dies- depressing little story but at least we got answers to what exactly her mom saw/heard that cost her her life and her husband's life.

Dying to Tell- I liked this one okay. At first it was going well but at almost the halfway mark things got overwhelming. Dr this and Dr that I couldn't keep up with who was whom and what part of the "secret" mission they were supposed to be a part of. Then we had all the characters in her head. Ugh. Luckily the "bad guy" ended up being a character I knew and wasn't confused about. So we have a decent beginning, then a clusterfuck middle, and a decent ending. I'm with you on the romance. There could have been more there. Plus if his daughter was such a big part of his life I figured she'd have a bigger part of the book. But she didn't. Most mentions of her came from her father thinking about her.

message 17: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

With the prequel, I wasn't sure if they died or not by the end of it, and what all was going on. At least there were some answers at the beginning of Dying!

I agree with you about the daughter, I didn't see this big deal about her. It felt forced, like he had to make her the big deal of his life, and there should have been more interaction between the heroine and the daughter!

Yeah, the middle did get somewhat confusing! I kept up ok, but had to think about it a bit at times.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Are you still up to giving book 2 a try?

message 19: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Are you still up to giving book 2 a try?"

Yup! I've heard that the writing improves, so am willing to give it another shot. When were you thinking of reading it?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'll leave that up to you.

message 21: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "I'll leave that up to you."

I'm somewhat booked this month, but I might be able to fit it in at the end of the month. If not then, then Early August for sure.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Sounds good. Just let me know.

message 23: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Sounds good. Just let me know."

Will do!

message 24: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

When would you like to start this one in August, Krissy? It doesn't look like I'll be able to get to it this week. I've got one Buddy Read scheduled to start on the 1st, with another one that is a "Read X chapters per day" type possibly starting then as well. The Charley Davidson series read Buddy Read that I'm in may start on the 5th, so I could start this one on the 8th, if you're able to and willing to wait that long.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Sounds good to me! Just let me know when you are starting and I'll start the same day.

message 26: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Sounds good to me! Just let me know when you are starting and I'll start the same day."

Sounds good! I replied to your post in the discussion thread...but I think this is the only Buddy Read I had going right now with you, as Incarnations of Immortality and Rugby were the last ones up for us, I think, and I've read those to completion.

message 27: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

I totally didn't get a chance to start this yesterday, as my car has decided to act up and I was scrambling to find rides to my son's therapy appointment. I can start this today, if you're able to.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments That sucks. When it rain it pours :/

I have a couple hours left of my current book then I can start this

message 29: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "That sucks. When it rain it pours :/

I have a couple hours left of my current book then I can start this"

Sounds like a plan!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm ready to start :)

message 31: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "I'm ready to start :)"

Sounds good! Just have to finish a review, and I'll be able to start.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I don't remember this many POVs being in the first book

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Have to stop for a bit. I'm at 17%

message 34: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

I got busy yesterday, having to deal with a broken down car, but I made it to 11% in. Just after the murder, which made me think Viola did it through Amelia. If that's the case, I wonder if the series isn't one big saga of Amelia becoming a whole person?

message 35: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "I don't remember this many POVs being in the first book"

I agree, there seem to be more in this one.

I'm up to 34%. Tis a very disturbing novel, and a bit confusing too!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments How is the car situation? Better?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Brenda is kind of annoying me. She's so full of shit. Acting like her interference is for anything other than for herself and her career. She's not doing this to "help" anybody but herself

message 38: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "How is the car situation? Better?"

Better! It's running, so now I have to catch up on errands!

Krissy wrote: "Brenda is kind of annoying me. She's so full of shit. Acting like her interference is for anything other than for herself and her career. She's not doing this to "help" anybody but herself"

She is very annoying and I totally agree with you!

I kinda want to find out who the other numbers are now! This experiment is very disturbing, but at the same time, it's interesting to read!

message 39: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this one last night...and just wow. I'm really blown away by Arthur Blackwood. Just when I thought he couldn't sink any lower, he does.

Have you finished it yet?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I had to stop and finish a different book for a challenge. Once I'm done with that book I'll start this one back up

message 41: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "I had to stop and finish a different book for a challenge. Once I'm done with that book I'll start this one back up"

No worries! I'll not say anything more until you finish!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I am really finding it difficult to like Brenda. In fact every time she opens her mouth I want to gag. If she says "the people deserve to know" or "I just want to help" one more time I'm going to puke. The final straw was after her and Nick had sex. She expects him to tell her every single thing about himself and the investigation or she gets pissed. But she refuses to do the same and then has the audacity to act like the victim when he finds out about her on his own. He isn't allowed to keep anything from her but she's allowed to hide things from her past? And we aren't talking about insignificant things. The stuff she is hiding is actually pertinent to the investigation! What a fucking bitch. What does Nick see in her?

message 43: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "I am really finding it difficult to like Brenda. In fact every time she opens her mouth I want to gag. If she says "the people deserve to know" or "I just want to help" one more time I'm going to puke. The...
What does Nick see in her?"

That was one thing I couldn't figure out. Was it some leftover high school thing that they were trying to build on? Kinda shaky foundation, if you ask me!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Well I finished. I definitely liked the first book better. I just couldn't get over Brenda.

message 45: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Well I finished. I definitely liked the first book better. I just couldn't get over Brenda."

I kind of ignored her in favor of the plot about the experiment!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Sometimes I can block out an annoying character and sometimes I can't and said character just picks at me until I implode.

message 47: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Sometimes I can block out an annoying character and sometimes I can't and said character just picks at me until I implode."

I've met characters like that!

What do you think, up for the next one?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Of course! I didn't hate it enough to stop :)

message 49: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - rated it 4 stars

Krissy wrote: "Of course! I didn't hate it enough to stop :)"

Cool! Early next month sound good to you?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Sounds perfect

« previous 1