The Challenge Factory discussion

Close to You (Fusion, #2)
This topic is about Close to You
2016 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Trea, Beth & Karishma - Fusion Series

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5907 comments Mod
Trea, Beth & Karishma - Fusion Series

message 2: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (last edited Jul 16, 2016 06:35AM) (new) - added it

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Reading Order:
1. Listen to Me
2. Close to You
3. Blush for Me: A Fusion Novel
4. Untitled
5. Untitled

message 3: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - added it

When are we looking at reading this?

message 4: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Garner | 28 comments I'm open as to when we start, as long as I have the book on Audible I read about a book every other day unless it's really long.

message 5: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - added it

How about we aim for the 15th of this month? My back half of the month is looking kinda open right now, so this would work well then.

message 6: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Garner | 28 comments that work's well for me

message 7: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - added it

I started this last night, I am slightly confused on Jake's side of things, and Addie's breakup was rather abrupt, but on the whole I'm enjoying it!

message 8: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Garner | 28 comments I should have it done by this evening. Will start later today at lunch.

message 9: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Garner | 28 comments I have finished the book. Will wait to post comments until everyone else has finished.

message 10: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - added it

I just finished it myself. Since Karishma hadn't checked in when we were reading this yesterday, I say we go ahead and discuss it.

I didn't care for it. The alternating point of view was distracting and confusing to me, and the time seemed to move super quickly, as if it was a few scenes then Bam! a month has passed. In fact, this really felt like it was just a series of scenes strung together that spanned 2 months worth of time!

I didn't like Addison as a character. Yeah, she has abandonment issues, but she was fairly harsh with Jake throughout the entire book.

The premise is interesting enough, but I really didn't feel a connection to the characters at all, and on reading the blurb for the next book after seeing them in action in this one, I'm not interested in continuing the series.

message 11: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Garner | 28 comments It did go awful fast. My main gripe was Jake's issues. How did he go 5 years without knowing exactly what had happened in his friend's accident and then immediately all his issues were gone?

I enjoyed it, didn't love it though. My favorite part was after Jake called it off, the tequila party. I'm not a big drinker but I loved the party. Oh, to have life long friends like them.

The last couple of books I've read along these lines had HEA endings but reached unsatisfactorially. At least this one carried it out a little better.

message 12: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - added it

Beth wrote: "It did go awful fast. My main gripe was Jake's issues. How did he go 5 years without knowing exactly what had happened in his friend's accident and then immediately all his issues were gone?

I enjoyed it, ..."

Yeah, I agree the accident/guilt thing was a bit abrupt after the discussion with Christina.

I did smile at that Breakup party! I especially liked how Mia took care of Addie when she got sick.

I'm glad this one worked out better for you! Wasn't great for me, but I'm glad one of us enjoyed it!

I won't be continuing on with the series, but if Karishma reads it and you both want to continue the series, I'd be happy to ask Mod Denise to keep the thread open for you and I'll update it. The next book comes out next month on the 9th, I believe.

message 13: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Garner | 28 comments I might read the next one. Haven't completely made up my mind yet.

message 14: by ⚜️XAR, Operations Manager (new) - added it

Beth and Karishma, I've updated the thread for the next book in the series and asked that it be kept open for you. I don't plan on continuing on with the series, but with the next book releasing so soon, I thought you might want to move into that book and have a space to discuss it.