What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Fire
This topic is about Fire
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. horror reanimation steak grows back into a live cow [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dori (new)

Dori Babcock | 5 comments I read this book in the late 80's or 90's.....something 'leaked' from a lab? and things like cuts of meat grew back into cows, dinosaur bones grew back flesh, came back to life.....no one could eat meat because it would regrow into the animal in your stomach and if your hand got cut off it would grow into another you. It was the creepiest most disturbing book I ever read and I would LOVE to find it again.......hope someone can help me.

message 2: by Carmen (new)

Carmen | 49 comments This sounds interesting.

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments Do you remember the cover?
Time period/location the story takes place?
Part of a series?

message 4: by Dori (new)

Dori Babcock | 5 comments all I remember is the plot as I posted it. It's making me CRAZY I've been trying to relocate it for over 10 years.

message 5: by Dori (new)

Dori Babcock | 5 comments I know it was in the US because the slaughterhouses in Chicago were overrun with animals coming back to life and the museums in DC and NYC had the dinosaurs coming back to life

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40097 comments Mod
Probably not Cows.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Can we rule out Carnosaur. Set in the U.K., dinosaurs have been recreated from DNA.

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue Blaikie | 133 comments Possibly Fire by Alan Rodgers?
Fire by Alan Rodgers

message 9: by Dori (new)

Dori Babcock | 5 comments I'll have to find that and check it out.....

message 10: by Dori (new)

Dori Babcock | 5 comments Sue wrote: "Possibly Fire by Alan Rodgers?
[bookcover:Fire|877341-thank you! that's the one-I located it on e-bay and bought it.....wasn't sure until it arrived...read it and what a revelation....my MEMORY of the book was SOOO much better/bigger than the book itself!!! The premise was great but the book is terribly written/edited. It was like slogging through mire to get through it-but the parts I've been haunted by for years were all there-even though I'd EXPANDED them even more in my mind!

message 11: by Sue (new)

Sue Blaikie | 133 comments That's the big problem with rereading a book you loved! Far too often you discover that the Suck Fairy has been at it. Still at least you won't be haunted by it any more.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Turns out this had been requested before:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Although reading to the end of that thread, someone who is republishing Rodgers' works says that thread is not about 'Fire.'

Anyway, that's nothing to do with your query.