Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Get To Know Ted Bundy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (last edited Jun 29, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments https://vimeo.com/96877731

It may not be ALL of the interview but it's 32 minutes of the final taped interview the Tedster gave to James Dobson, of all people. Wtch it and see what a self-important blowhard he really was.

message 2: by Shelley (last edited Jun 29, 2016 06:41PM) (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments Bundy "talks funny". :) He uses words and phrases that are just not used by people in a regular conversation. It comes across as a rehearsed speech. IE phoney

Examples:

"Young boys explore the sideways and byways of their neighborhoods..."

"There is no way in the world that killing me is going to restore those beautiful children to their parents and correct and soothe the pain."

My psychologist friend who conducted a psychological assessment of Bundy for the court in Utah (DaRonch trial) says that Bundy planned all conversations ahead of time. Sounds tiring to me! It also sounds a lot like psychopaths who practice displaying facial expressions (emotions) in front of a mirror.

message 3: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments He always tried to sound high-flown and super intellectual. Just dispensed a lot of words without saying very much.

message 4: by Shelley (last edited Jun 29, 2016 06:40PM) (new)

Shelley | 1225 comments And that, of course, reminds me of Brady. Birds of a feather and all that.

message 5: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments No wonder they can't stand each other. Both good-looking, erudite sphincters.

message 6: by Lee (new)

Lee | 130 comments It is telling that when asked about his last murder,12 year old Kimberley Leach,Bundy appears upset and says I can't talk about that which gives the impression he is troubled by it.In fact his lawyer had told him not to because it was part of a last minute appeal.

message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14159 comments If he's troubled by it, it's because they busted him for it.

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee | 130 comments I couldn't agree more.

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige | 1 comments I was in a class on mental health. The instructor showed the interview with Ted and James Dobson as an example of someone with a narcissistic personality disorder. That explains a lot.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.