Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Verdens litteraturhistorie, bind 1: Oldtiden
Book Issues > Need help editing

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Jun 29, 2016 10:44AM) (new)

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments My edit doesn't save! I've attempted to change a misspelt name by adding the correct name, but it doesn't save.

Also, when I submitted the first edit, the book description didn't save. When I reopen the edit window the despription area is shaded, and blank, and there's text informing that the default description is being used (which happened to be empty).

As you can see from the screen capture below, there's an unusual lede text to this edit screen which seems to indicate that I now have librarian status. Which I do not have.

https://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/...

Now, apart from the above mentioned strangeness, I need to correct the name of one of the authors:

Peter Uld Møller > Peter Ulf Møller

(btw. I managed to change the book description, but not add/change author name)

message 2: by Arenda (last edited Jun 29, 2016 10:57AM) (new)

Arenda | 22052 comments Halvor wrote: "Also, when I submitted the first edit, the book description didn't save. When I reopen the edit window the despription area is shaded, and blank, and there's text informing that the default description is being used (which happened to be empty)."

This is a bug that I have reported quite some time ago to Goodreads Support.

As you can see from the screen capture below, there's an unusual lede text to this edit screen which seems to indicate that I now have librarian status. Which I do not have.

After adding a book, there is some time (I believe 24 hours) that the user who added the book still can make some edits. The header on that page is a standard text. For that specific book, in that specific time frame, you do have some librarian capacities.

I need to correct the name of one of the authors:

Peter Uld Møller > Peter Ulf Møller

I've corrected the author name.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4770 comments Thank you!