Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

General Chat > Where Do You Get Your E-Books From

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 4061 comments Mod
I saw this poll somewhere else and thought it could be interesting to see where we all get our e-books from?

The poll is at https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/4...
and also at bottom of main group page. Please do vote and then perhaps tell us why you get them where you do in this thread.

message 2: by David (last edited Jun 29, 2016 05:41AM) (new)

I must admit I get the vast majority of my e-books from Amazon. The reasons are they are pretty much reasonably priced on the majority of books. I also have a kindle tablet so it is easy to connect straight in and download.

I do also get some from netgalley when they ok me to pre-read a new release.

I would say that I probably get 50/50 ebooks and printed books.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma | 112 comments I mainly get mine from Amazon and I use Netgalley every now and then. I'm rarely able to buy print books as I don't have space for them

message 4: by Judith (new)

Judith | 559 comments I get mine from my daughter as gifts.

message 5: by Mary (last edited Jun 29, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Mary (broomemarygmailcom) Bookbub--large variety including bestsellers for free or up to about $4.00/

And, David, I probably read about 3/4th as big print hardback books. My local library had a patron who left them $500 per month to buy Large Print only! It is about 7 years and the money keeps coming. :)

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimsbooklists) I buy quite a few on Amazon and am checking out the daily deals when I can. I'm in the states and we have a program through our local library that uses the Overdrive app. I check out many ebooks through the app, both Kindle books and audio books.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 598 comments I joined our library to get access to e-books and audio books, only to discover that it is an Ontario-wide consortium that the library is part of ...... So the wait lists are incredible because they only have one license per book usually.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 598 comments AND... I am having troubles with books not downloading or downloading corrupted files. Not impressed with the app the libraries are using

message 9: by David (new)

I must admit I have never tried our library for e-books.

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 598 comments The trouble with our library system is that they never have the new books and, with the e-books and audio's, I find there is invariably 7-10 people waiting for the one copy the library consortium has for all of Ontario.

Perhaps Your system might be better.