Contemporary YA discussion

When We Collided
This topic is about When We Collided
Group Reads > When We Collided

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Jul 01, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

We are seventeen and shattered and still dancing. We have messy, throbbing hearts, and we are stronger than anyone could ever know…

Jonah never thought a girl like Vivi would come along.
Vivi didn’t know Jonah would light up her world.

Neither of them expected a summer like this…a summer that would rewrite their futures.

In an unflinching story about new love, old wounds, and forces beyond our control, two teens find that when you collide with the right person at just the right time, it will change you forever.

1. Did you like the book?
2. Was it easy to get into to?
3. How did you feel while reading this book?
4. Which characters did you like or dislike and why?
5. Have you read other books by the same author?
- If so how does this book compare.
- If not, does this book inspire you to read others?

message 2: by Andrea (new)

I hope to start this one soon...maybe after vacation next week.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

1. I loved it and hated it. I can't stop thinking about it.
2. Yes! It immediately held my attention.
3. Love- hate-happy-sad-angry-pleased-frustrated.
4. I loved Jonah. I didn't care for Vivi.
5. This is the first book. I may research her other books. I'm not interested in anything this sad or emotional again.

Liz  (LizMax) | 15 comments I'm not loving it so far. I struggle with Instalove romances. It's well written, so hopefully their relationship becomes more believable. I'm almost halfway done.

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Liz wrote: "I'm not loving it so far. I struggle with Instalove romances. It's well written, so hopefully their relationship becomes more believable. I'm almost halfway done."

That's a bummer. Let's us know if you finish it and what you think if you are able to :)

I'm going to skip this one. At least for now.

Erica D`souza (erica_97) I`m in chapter 8 now, so far it's nice. I like how Vivi is trying to make, not only one cute boy happy, but instead his entire family. She has secrets of her own, but she doesn't want the spot light for now.

I know it's all going to crumble and there are going to broken hearts left as I turn pages, but I think I can handle it. It's taking time because there's a lot of sadness too, but I think I`ll finish this book by the weekend.

message 7: by Andrea (new)

Erica wrote: "I`m in chapter 8 now, so far it's nice. I like how Vivi is trying to make, not only one cute boy happy, but instead his entire family. She has secrets of her own, but she doesn't want the spot ligh..."

I'm glad you are enjoying it.

message 8: by T.J. (last edited Jul 15, 2016 03:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 4 comments 1. Did you like the book?
This book was beautiful! I absolutely loved it!

2. Was it easy to get into to?
Yes! I was pulled right in by Vivi's personality.

3. How did you feel while reading this book?
I cried during some scenes, laughed during others -- I was genuinely interested, entertained, and often uplifted throughout the entire book.

4. Which characters did you like or dislike and why?
I was fascinated by the characters and their fates, even the supporting characters. Each one has his/her story -- and I was given a glimpse into all of them.

Vivi is fun. Really fun. A far cry from the brooding, socially-inept, suicidal or homicidal main characters I’ve been running into in my YA reading. But although there is more to her back story than initially meets the eye, she is a refreshingly positive character.

And Jonah is a really good guy with a lot on his plate. But although he has a lot to deal with, he's doing an amazing job in meeting the day-to-day challenges that are flung at him.

5. Have you read other books by the same author? No.
- If not, does this book inspire you to read others? Definitely!

message 9: by Andrea (new)

TJ wrote: "1. Did you like the book?
This book was beautiful! I absolutely loved it!"

Thanks for your thoughtful answers. I'm glad you enjoyed it too!