Historical Romance Book Club discussion

Mr. Impossible (Carsington Brothers, #2)
This topic is about Mr. Impossible
Gaol/BOTM > BOTM July 16 to 31 - Mr. Impossible (Widower)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat, Baroness (in her own right) (new)

Kat Desi (katdesiwrites) | 480 comments Mod
Discussion thread for July 16 to 31, 2016 BOTM. Please remember to use the spoiler tags when necessary! (please see "some html is ok" for instructions)

Happy reading! :)

Impossible...
Rupert Carsington, fourth son of the Earl of Hargate, is his aristocratic family's favorite disaster. He is irresistibly handsome, shockingly masculine, and irretrievably reckless, and wherever he goes, trouble follows. Still, Rupert's never met an entanglement--emotional or other--he couldn't escape. Until now.

Outrageous...
Now he's in Egypt, stranded in the depths of Cairo's most infamous prison, and his only way out is accepting a beautiful widow's dangerous proposal. Scholar Daphne Pembroke wants him to rescue her brother, who's been kidnapped by a rival seeking a fabled treasure. Their partnership is strictly business: She'll provide the brains, he, the brawn. Simple enough in theory.

Inevitable...
Blame it on the sun or the blazing desert heat, but as tensions flare and inhibitions melt, the most disciplined of women and the most reckless of men are about to clash in the most impossibly irresistible way.

Lindsay (lorelai1945) | 54 comments I'm excited to read what others think of this one. It's one of my absolute favorite HR's, if not my outright favorite! I tend to like the adventure/romance combos.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments I thought this was funny from pages 96 and 97: " For one glorious moment, she lay under him, her magnificent bosom crushed against his chest. His heart leapt into a gallop and his privy councilor leapt to attention.

Teehee

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 34 comments I am listening to MR. IMPOSSIBLE by Loretta Chase.

She must have been have read Eliazbeth Peters's AMELIA PEABODY series. Rupert and Daphne remind of Amelia & Emerson.

Had Barbara Rosenblat not been the narrator of the Amelia Peabody series, Kate Reading would have been an easy 2nd to do in my book.

message 5: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 97 comments I am loving this book it really is clever, witty grown up writing - it is like eating the most expensive chocolate. The audible narrator for this book Kate Reading is enhancing my enjoyment of this novel. This is the second book I have listened to by this author I wonder how the experience compares to physically reading the novel, if it as good then I think I will have discovered another favourite historical romance author.

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 97 comments I love the heroine in this book - Daphne, I hate that she has been brainwashed by her father and husband to contain herself, her thoughts, desires and emotions but when that damn breaks Rupert better look out.

Rupert is adorable, funny and intelligent a pretender to the 'blockheads'

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments I'm loving the Egyptian location and the subplot.

This subplot is very engaging.

I've owned my copy of this book for a few years, but it wasn't until recent times that I realized where the story took place.

I'm glad you two are enjoying the audio.

I've heard of Elizabeth Peters, but I've never heard of the Amanda Peabody series.

Lindsay (lorelai1945) | 54 comments Mara wrote: "I am listening to MR. IMPOSSIBLE by Loretta Chase.

She must have been have read Eliazbeth Peters's AMELIA PEABODY series. Rupert and Daphne remind of Amelia & Emerson.

Had Barbara Rosenblat not b..."

I had never heard of that series, but I added it to my TBR list!

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 34 comments Elizabeth Peters is also the author Barbara Michaels.

message 10: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 34 comments Lindsay wrote: "Mara wrote: "I am listening to MR. IMPOSSIBLE by Loretta Chase.

Had Barbara Ro..."
Lindsay, It's a wonderful series. The first book is called THE CROCODILE ON THE SANDBANK.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments I've just read the part where RC is showing (view spoiler)

Further, RC is (view spoiler)

Each of them are noticing that the other is very different from what they are used to/expect from their opposite gender!

Very cool!

Mariana | 2292 comments I got a late start, just began reading today; but I am really enjoying it. The setting in Egypt is different, and it's unexpectedly funny. Daphne's impression of Rupert reminds me of Conch in The Emperor's New Groove. I've read a couple other books by Loretta Chase, but I don't remember them being so amusing.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments This is the first read of LC for me.

I'm really loving the Egyptian location.

It really adds something.

Mariana | 2292 comments Started late and finished early (today). I truly enjoyed the humor and adventure of this book. Thanks to all who voted and introduced me to this book.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments I'm still reading.

A really enjoyable read!

message 16: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 34 comments Kate Reading does a wonderful job on narrating it!

message 17: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue | 97 comments Mara wrote: "Kate Reading does a wonderful job on narrating it!"

I completely agree, I wonder what other books she has narrated.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 1635 comments I just finished.

A thoroughly enjoyable read!