/r/Fantasy Discussion Group discussion

General > Dawn of Wonder - as good as the hype?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vaelin (new)

Vaelin | 23 comments Hi,

I keep seeing "Dawn of Wonder" by Jonathon Renshaw popping up on fantasy must-read lists

The amount of 5 star ratings on amazon makes me a little suspicious (I've been burned before) and just wanted to find out whether this book is in fact as great as the majority of reviewers are claiming it to be?

Cheers

message 2: by Joshua (new)

Joshua I have not read this book, but thanks to you, I have added it to my want-to-read section.

4.40 stars out of 4,396 Ratings on goodreads
4.70 stars out of 1,536 Ratings on Amazon

That is pretty hard to fudge all those reviews to give such great ratings. I look forward to reading it soon! It is free with Kindle Unlimited.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 2 comments Dawn of Wonder was an excellent read but be aware it's a coming of age story with the fantasy part being hinted at for most of the book. The last 25% fulfills some of those hints with a lot left to future installments.

I thought it was a 4.5* effort and I really look forward to the next book(s) in the series. I see the OP gave both The Name of the Wind and Blood Song 5*'s. I thought this was better than either which is strictly my opinion but if you liked those I think you'll like this.