Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > I'm a contributing author to an anthology but can't add it.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments I am a contributing author in an anthology. The anthology has three different editions. I seem to be only listed as an author on two of them (through Goodreads) but I'm unable to add myself as an author for the Special Edition. I think one of the other contributing authors added it for herself but didn't list any of the other contributing authors at the time (which I understand as it can be time consuming - there are fourteen authors, some illustrators and a over designer), all listed on the book itself and on the Amazon site.

Please add me and the other contributing authors to this anthology.

The Superhero Chronicles: A Collection of Superhero Stories Written & Illustrated by Children (Kids' Chronicles)

author Isabella Fyfe
author Cameron Fyfe
author Connor Fyfe
author Gabriella Fyfe
author Miriam Norwitz
author Aijay Willoughby
author Maddy Willoughby
author Angelina Destiny Marie Carté
author Cerys Ebenezer
author Leyarna Hendricks
author Emmy Snider
author Jade Nash
author Izabela Manta
author Autumn East
illustrator Gabriella Fyfe
cover designer Samuel Dixon

isbn: 1517296846
isbn 13: 978-1517296841
Publisher listed because of ISBN: Createspace
Actual publisher: Your Kids' Creations
Paperback format
Description: SPECIAL EDITION: What does a child like best about superheroes? If a child could create a superhero, what kind of superhero would he or she create? Find answers to these questions in this collection of superhero stories, written entirely by children. Fourteen young authors, from six years old to thirteen years old, from all around the world, have come together to create this anthology of twenty-two superhero stories. Delight in these short stories of superheroes, from super animals and eco-warriors to masterminds and super witches. Enjoy reading about superheroes who have special powers and abilities, as well as superheroes who have no special powers and yet still manage to make the world a better place.
Page count: 104 pages
Link to cover: http://yourkidscreations.blogspot.co.... (Click on the specific cover to enlarge it.) Or you can get the cover from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Superhero-Chro... (It is the edition that says "Special Edition" on the cover - Amazon has linked it with the incorrect version on the Kindle.)

Thank you!

message 2: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5188 comments added your name & combined...

message 3: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments Thanks!

message 4: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments Um, why have some of my other anthologies disappeared? There are two versions of The Talisman Chronicles (both in paperback and Kindle - with different colours for the covers) and three versions of The SuperHERo Chronicles. In adding this missing version (the Special Edition), the others have disappeared.

message 5: by Bea (new)

Bea They are all there. The books have been combined so only one will show on your profile, but, if you click on the book, you will find the other editions listed on the book page.

message 6: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments Oh okay. It's just that some of them have pictures in colour, some in black and white, The Special Edition version has more pictures and an extra story in it, etc.

message 7: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments The Special Edition one also has a different cover.

message 8: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments Um, I don't want to be a pain, but when you combined them, you used the same blurb for them. The colour editions say "COLOUR EDITION" on them and the black and white editions say "BLACK AND WHITE EDITION" on the blurb, and the special edition says "SPECIAL EDITION" on the blurb along with an explanation of why it's a special edition. But when I click to go to one of the other editions, it just has the blurb from a different one on it. So for instance, when I clicked on the Special Edition, in the blurb showing, it says "BLACK AND WHITE EDITION," which is misleading. It would be fine if, when switching editions, they keep their own blurbs though. Or if we take that small part of the descriptions out so that none of them say it.

message 9: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5188 comments removed "black and white edition" from the blurb, so all edition show the same blurb...
also, I believe, you (as GR author) can edit the blurb by yourself...

can you link which edition is B&W and which is colour edition?
we can put that info in the edition field...

message 10: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments For The Talisman Chronicles:
Black and white edition: ISBN-10: 1494779110
ISBN-13: 978-1494779115

Colour edition: ISBN-10: 1494749254
ISBN-13: 978-1494749255

--------

For The Superhero Chronicles:
Black and white edition: ISBN-10: 1517137888
ISBN-13: 978-1517137885

Colour Edition: ISBN-10: 1517014867
ISBN-13: 978-1517014865

Special Edition: (more illustrations and different cover/full colour):
ISBN-10: 1517296846
ISBN-13: 978-1517296841

message 11: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5188 comments added in the edition field...

message 12: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Fyfe | 8 comments Thank you!