What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantastic powerful book about institutions and a man who pretends to be ill so he can see what there up too [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo (mrstrigger) | 6 comments The beginning of the book there was a lady on the train. She was talking to another lady who a foster carer.
The first lady was married and got a job in an instuition hosptial. She was married. Her husband was a reporter for an american paper i think
She had a daughter in the end. She came home everynight and told her husband about her day theyd started doing labotomys which she didnt agree with. Her husband had the idea of going to this institution making out he was ill and being sectioned so he could do a report on the place
It all went wrong when her husband went missing and she didnt know where he went.
She moved away and found the lady shed met on the train. She took her daughter to mother. The other lady in the end found her husband who made a new life as he was told she was dead? He re married. Im so frustrated it was such a good book

message 2: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments This is another duplicate thread. Sorry, I can't link it.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo (mrstrigger) | 6 comments Sorry I'm unsure as to what you mean?

message 4: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments Angel, you posted this question a day or so ago in another thread. Don't worry, a mod will explain this to you.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jun 21, 2016 02:50PM) (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Thanks for the heads up, Kym.

ANGEL, Kym is referring to another request/thread you created for the same book - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I closed that thread because we only want one thread per book, otherwise the boards get cluttered.

I also copied your original description from the header/subject because it gives specific information about your book, which will help people searching for books.

What year did you read this book?

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo (mrstrigger) | 6 comments I read this book this year around March time I think

message 7: by There (new)

There | 121 comments I am pretty surE it's Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo (mrstrigger) | 6 comments Hi unfortunately it isn't Breaking the silence. :(

message 9: by There (new)

There | 121 comments Hmm, breaking the silence has 2 storylines, one is mentioned in the book blurb and second which happens in the past is exactly like the one you are looking for.

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo (mrstrigger) | 6 comments The beginning of the book that I'm looking for a lady was on the train talking to another lady who was a foster carer.
the first lady worked for a hosptial her husband was a reporter.
He pretended to be depressed in order to do a report on the hosptial. He ended up going missing. his wife had to move as the Dr's she worked for kept finding her. one day she saw an article in the paper under a name she recognised it turned out to be he missing husband. she thought he'd died or had a labotomny and was seriously ill. but he was alive and living a new life.with a new wife. He thought his first wife was dead I think.

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo (mrstrigger) | 6 comments There, I am so sorry for not taking on board the 2 story lines. your right it is breaking the silence. Thank you so much

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. Here's the link - Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Breaking The Silence (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diane Chamberlain (other topics)