VT Christian Reading Challenge discussion

Book Recommendations 2016 > A book about a current issue

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments I listed this also as a book recommended by my pastor but it fits in this category as well.
Why is Feminism so Hard to Resist? by Rev. Paul R. Harris was recently recommended to my by one of my pastors. It is a very "chewy" book, provoking deeper thought about my own belief system and how it relates to the culture of today, both secularly and within the church. I'll probably re-read it next year.

message 2: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments as a political junkie of the first order, I'll list the books I've read that fall under "current events" in one post:
1. Take No Prisoners: The Battle Plan for Defeating the Left, by David Horowitz
2. Stealing America: What My Experience with Criminal Gangs Taught Me about Obama, Hillary, and the Democratic Party, by Dinesh D'Souza
3. The Decline and Fall of California: From Decadence to Destruction (Victor Davis Hanson Collection Book 2), by Victor Davis Hanson
4. The Confessions of Congressman X: A disturbing and shockingly frank tell-all of vanity, greed and deceit, by Congressman X

message 3: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments 'I Find That Offensive!', by Claire Fox. Although it was presented as primarily a UK endeavor, it was worth reading as an American facing the same situation with different players, different names, same game and same "rules." Time for the snowflakes to do their ultimate meltdown and become useful and productive members of society.

message 4: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments Clean House: Exposing Our Government's Secrets and Lies, by Tom Fitton is a disturbing reality that our elected representatives and their appointees are so far from upholding and defending our US Constitution and misrepresenting the citizens of our land.

message 5: by K B (last edited Sep 28, 2016 03:41AM) (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments Unholy Alliance: The Agenda Iran, Russia, and Jihadists Share for Conquering the World, by Jay Sekulow. Encyclopedic history of Islam and its tentacles in the Middle East and into Asia, Africa, Europe and America. Good reading with emphasis on the present issues, as well.

message 6: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments The Pity Party: A Mean-Spirited Diatribe Against Liberal Compassion, by William Voegeli -- interesting reading at times - laborious at other times.

message 7: by K B (new)

K B (kbcook) | 182 comments Truth Overruled: The Future of Marriage and Religious Liberty, by Ryan T. Anderson -- EXCELLENT - well-researched and well-explained in layman's terms for the reader. Definitely worth reading.