Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Skating on Thin Ice (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #1)
This topic is about Skating on Thin Ice
Archive (Buddy Reads) > 2016- July Buddy Read- Skating On Thin Ice

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11052 comments Hi everyone!

We are changing up our group buddy read a little this year. Our plan is to pick a book that may be on the shorter side, is free or close to it, and that will hopefully help you complete your monthly challenges! It could be from any genre, just a book that we think might be interesting and good. Feel free to join in any time during the month and share your thoughts on the book! Do use the spoiler tags if you want to mention something that might spoil the story for someone who hasn't read it yet.

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Jun 21, 2016 06:56AM) (new)

Fran | 11052 comments Our July Group Buddy Read is Skating on Thin Ice Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1) by Jami Davenport Skating on Thin Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey by Jami Davenport.

This book is currently FREE on Amazon. It also fits the July Monthly Challenge - Category 1 - Author's first name begins with 'J'.

Please join us!!

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11052 comments *

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20348 comments Looking forward to it!

message 5: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha | 1381 comments I think I am going to join in.

message 6: by Shan ~A~ (new) - added it

Shan ~A~ (thebookglutton) | 982 comments Cool beans!!! I'm in.

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - added it

Jane (PS) | 19872 comments I'm in. Have it downloaded and on my Kindle. Such a shame it isn't in audio ;)

message 9: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7151 comments I'm ready - just need for the new month to start! =P

Meka♥books (book143er) | 66 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I'm in. Have it downloaded and on my Kindle. Such a shame it isn't in audio ;)"

I wish this one was in audio too.

message 11: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7151 comments I read this one early in the month, and just never made it back here to talk about it. There was so much that I loved about this book! Unfortunately, a lot of it is probably based on me being a sports fan in the Seattle area, because this story would be a dream come true for the hockey fans in this area. It's pretty obvious that the author loves both sports and the Pacific Northwest, and from everything I could see (and keeping in mind hockey is one sport I don't know a lot about), she really got it right. I also enjoyed the writing and the characters, and I'm really looking forward to continuing the series...I just wish it was available in audio like others have mentioned!

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20348 comments Glad to hear it, I haven't read this one yet!

message 13: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - added it

Jane (PS) | 19872 comments Once I clear my next ebook, I'm on to this one :)

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20348 comments I finished this the other day and I really enjoyed it too! I liked the characters and their romance, but I didn't like the circumstances - not either of their faults, but it wasn't nice. This was 4 Stars for me and I want to continue the series - I just wish I had finished in time to put the next on my M&G shelf!

Oh yeah and audio would be nice too! I find it so much easier to listen these days.

Meka♥books (book143er) | 66 comments I enjoyed this book as well. 3.5 stars for me. I liked how both characters were plaqued by bad relationships but there still was a magnetic pull to each other. I felt Lauren was too unreasonable and she irked me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Skating on Thin Ice (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jami Davenport (other topics)