Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) Harry Potter and the Cursed Child discussion

Anyone else worried?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aurora (new) - added it

Aurora Anyone else worried? I honestly can't figure out how this will work out as a play. Also, it is in script form, not like a normal book, so slightly concerned. I have been looking forward to another book since I read Dealthy Hallows, but I am really nervous that it might not turn out like I hoped.....

Ragini Heard its good

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Nervous the formatting will be confusing since it is the script, also J.K. didn't write it on her own so the style may be different. Still hoping for the best

Yasmin Gafoor Jamie wrote: "Nervous the formatting will be confusing since it is the script, also J.K. didn't write it on her own so the style may be different. Still hoping for the best"

Also, reading a script vs. seeing a performance is very different. The plot could be weak but performances are incredible and maybe that's why everyone's sold. but we'll find out soon enough!

Sarah B I think the whole thing sounds totally barmy. But, on the plus side: Barnes & Noble Midnight Release Harry Potter party!!! I've got my house scarf ironed and my badge polished up and I'm prepared to eat bertie botts and drink butterbeer until the prefects carry me home ♥

message 6: by Lynn (last edited Jul 26, 2016 05:04AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lynn Halls Aurora wrote: "Anyone else worried? I honestly can't figure out how this will work out as a play. Also, it is in script form, not like a normal book, so slightly concerned. I have been looking forward to another ..."

People who saw the play are already saying that this works better seeing it than reading it. I also read what basically happens. It sounds like fanfiction and has lots of plot holes. So...yes, I'm concerned also. Also, a LOT of character aren't even in it. You'd be surprise who isn't even mentioned.

Sarah B I believe this. I just heard some reviews on the BBC -- critics are freaking out, it's reportedly one of the best popular productions in London in decades? And tickets are sold out for months in advance...

message 8: by Jakia (new) - added it

Jakia juspy I don't know about how the play performance is gonna be but I hope the book is amazing and if there is a movie I hope its rocking .I've heard the book's good .I can only pray right now.

message 9: by Tizzy (new)

Tizzy Tizzy Sarah wrote: "I believe this. I just heard some reviews on the BBC -- critics are freaking out, it's reportedly one of the best popular productions in London in decades? And tickets are sold out for months in ad..."

One would expect it to be one of the most popular productions in decades - after all, can you name anything in West End with a bigger fanbase than Harry Potter? Not even the Phantom of the Opera and Les Miz could go that far.

Me, I'll be skipping this. Not interested in reading a script and from a synopsis I read (that might be fake, but might not be, we'll see) the story sounds quite bad. I'd go watch the play though, since I'm sure it's a visual spectacle, I'm just not interested in reading a script. The difference between a script and a proper novel is huge.

Julia I don’t personally care for watching or reading plays... I wasn’t excited for this story, and yet I was still so insulted by the words before my eyes when I forced myself to read this. (How could I possibly, as a super fan, ignore a new piece of Harry’s world? And on the other hand, how could something so insulting to his world ever be published?)

Julia I don't think any of us were worried *enough*!