2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Angels Flight (Harry Bosch, #6; Harry Bosch Universe, #7)
This topic is about Angels Flight
Angels Flight > Question H

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
We learn much more about how Irving operates. Did your opinion of him change by the end of the story?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Yes. He went from honorable cop to yes man, even when he knew things could be absolutely disastrous for the truth behind the matter.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments I wasn't a fan of his to begin with. Now I can't stand him. I don't care if he was trying to stop a riot from starting.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Really angry at him. He had started to redeem himself over the last couple of books but now he annoys me.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
I had moved to being on the fence about him but that gained ground was wiped out by the story's end. His handling of the case had me incredulous. There's no justification for how he resolved the cases with the public.

I do recall the PR nightmare with the LAPD. It was extremely bad following the Rodney King beating. That unleashed some real horror stories. However, there still was no excuse for Irving's decisions.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lying to the public is NEVER a good thing. The truth will come out, it is only a matter of time.

I remember watching the riots on television, but not a lot of the specific details. So I looked it up on the Wikipedia and was amazed by the bravery of some to the people who risked their lives to help innocents caught in the crossfire.